Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I'll test on you guys whether this link works. It's a terrible cell phone recording, but I'd like you to at least hear some of it. (Keep in mind, I'm not the one who will be doing any of the performing - this 'concert' was just to generate some interest in the music and encourage folks who are willing to help me get it to the stage.) It's a modern day Job (Johb - the guy from the Bible) story.
eta - the montage is longer than this and I'm such an amateur at this whole thing - so it cuts off oddly.
Nice voice Orr, & that’s a rockin’ church band you’ve got! :clap

My two peeps from the hatch a couple weeks ago
001.jpg
002.jpg

I'll test on you guys whether this link works. It's a terrible cell phone recording, but I'd like you to at least hear some of it. (Keep in mind, I'm not the one who will be doing any of the performing - this 'concert' was just to generate some interest in the music and encourage folks who are willing to help me get it to the stage.) It's a modern day Job (Johb - the guy from the Bible) story.
eta - the montage is longer than this and I'm such an amateur at this whole thing - so it cuts off oddly.
Great job!

So... you did the music and the lyrics?

There are 15 songs. I did the music for all, and lyrics for 11 of the songs - my friend Kate did the other four (quite beautifully, I might add) but the video cuts one of hers and two more snippets off. 🥴
Very nice!

The first one sounds Eagles-esque to me.

Very nice!

The first one sounds Eagles-esque to me.
Yep - it's definitely in my 50-something-year-old classic rock wheelhouse! As I was writing, I was always reminding myself there's no new chord progression - just write the song that says what you want it to say and that will be enough. (Although I did write the main Pocahontas theme to one of Kate's lovely lyrics inadvertently...and had to do some revision!! :gigApologies to Disney.)

Back
Top Bottom