Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ugh! Suck! I’m sorry! :hugsWas that the one you had or the one you just adopted?
The one we had had for years, the little cockatiel Baby Bug is the one that died. :hit She was so pretty, and smart as a stump, or half a pea, but the prettiest little endearing bird.

The adopted one is now 16, and super healthy. Sulfur Crested Cockatoo, Sunshine.

And... our cockatiel died... we knew it was coming. She started having trouble breathing ... not sure why it started up. But putting her in a warmer location, various supportive care, didn't help. So... I knew she was dying, everyone was warned.

But she wasn't that old... not that we remember exactly... but older than 5, younger than 10.

Anyway. :(

So sorry Alaskan :hugs

She might have been sick. Parrots are just so good at hiding illness until it's too late to help them. That's what happened with my second cockatiel, Shika. He hid his illness so well that by the time I knew he was sick, even though we took him to the vet the next morning, it was too late and he died in the appointment room. He was only a year old at the time.

So sorry Alaskan :hugs

She might have been sick. Parrots are just so good at hiding illness until it's too late to help them. That's what happened with my second cockatiel, Shika. He hid his illness so well that by the time I knew he was sick, even though we took him to the vet the next morning, it was too late and he died in the appointment room. He was only a year old at the time.
Thank you.

There isn't an avian vet any where near... and the only vet in town I am not fond of.

I knew she wasn't doing well... I knew there was nothing I could do for her.

But... it was/still is hard.

Thank you.

There isn't an avian vet any where near... and the only vet in town I am not fond of.

I knew she wasn't doing well... I knew there was nothing I could do for her.

But... it was/still is hard.
Things are always harder when there’s nothing you can do to fix it. :hugs How are the boys handling it. My insatiable curiosity always makes me wonder things like, are boys are more stoic about loss than girls? Maybe it depends more on the kid than the gender?:confused:

The one we had had for years, the little cockatiel Baby Bug is the one that died. :hit She was so pretty, and smart as a stump, or half a pea, but the prettiest little endearing bird.

The adopted one is now 16, and super healthy. Sulfur Crested Cockatoo, Sunshine.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy. Especially when there's nothing you can do for them.

I used to have a cockatiel named Sunshine when I was a kid . He was the sweetest guy. He escaped the house once and flew down the street to visit a neighbor's cockatiel. I thought he was gone once he got out but we got him back. He also died suddenly and unexpectedly. He was only a few years old.

Good morning pond. It's wet cold and miserable out and the fog is so thick, it was hard to see the road getting the kids to the bus stop! I think I'll wait a while before attempting to head to my boss's house to let her chickens out :/ This is my third day of my winter layoff but I think it'll be my first day not totally frustrated. I spent about 5 hours on the computer yesterday trying to get my unemployment set up. A lot of frustration, a few bouts of tears and I think I finally have it done....I hope anyway :/

Why must you use a pointy metal tube?

:barnie

I would be having coniptions!

Our dog must be getting... blind? Deaf? Something? He has started having "i am terrified" episodes where he is impressively shaking and wants to crawl onto a lap. :rolleyes: Poor dog!

And... our cockatiel died... we knew it was coming. She started having trouble breathing ... not sure why it started up. But putting her in a warmer location, various supportive care, didn't help. So... I knew she was dying, everyone was warned.

But she wasn't that old... not that we remember exactly... but older than 5, younger than 10.

Anyway. :(
So sorry about your little bird. I know how quickly those birds can become a part of your heart.
How is your pup? Many years ago i had a little dog that my uncle had rescued that was so terrified I was the only one that could get near it so I wound up with it of course. Had him for many years but eventually he went totally senile to the point he would just lay in his bed and growl not even recognizing me so I was only left with doing the kind thing.

Back
Top Bottom