Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good morning pond! Today is our Thanksgiving. I'm sure my mom has the 22lb turkey that I dropped off last Saturday in the roaster now and I bet it's smelling up the whole house! I'm in charge of making the green bean casserole and the "lemon stuff" dessert. We'll all be in turkey comas this afternoon!
On the menu:
Turkey
Green bean casserole
Broccoli casserole
Baked corn
Sweet potatoes (with brown sugar and walnuts)
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Hawaiian sweet rolls

And dessert will have pumpkin pie, probably apple pie and lemon stuff :)
Weren’t turkeys outrageously expensive this year? Was yours a home grown?
Enjoy the family and the food. Sounds lovely.

Good day, pond peeps!

The ‘virus’ is running through my office. 3 people have tested positive now, and one was off a couple weeks ago for a while, though she tested negative, we think she had it too.
4 of us left not sick….yet. Say a little prayer that I’m spared, please.

Weren’t turkeys outrageously expensive this year? Was yours a home grown?
Enjoy the family and the food. Sounds lovely.

Yes, she was home grown. I always provide the Thanksgiving turkey. Usually it's a heritage tom but this year we raised a broad breasted white. I had planned on out crossing her with the heritage boys but while I was down with covid, she ended up severely egg bound so I ended up having to process her early. I'll try again next year. The turkeys at Walmart were around 87 cents a lb right before Thanksgiving this year.

Good morning pond! Today is our Thanksgiving. I'm sure my mom has the 22lb turkey that I dropped off last Saturday in the roaster now and I bet it's smelling up the whole house! I'm in charge of making the green bean casserole and the "lemon stuff" dessert. We'll all be in turkey comas this afternoon!
On the menu:
Turkey
Green bean casserole
Broccoli casserole
Baked corn
Sweet potatoes (with brown sugar and walnuts)
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Hawaiian sweet rolls

And dessert will have pumpkin pie, probably apple pie and lemon stuff :)
Sounds great!

I wonder.... if I had full control over Thanksgiving.... what I would cook.

:old

Good day, pond peeps!

The ‘virus’ is running through my office. 3 people have tested positive now, and one was off a couple weeks ago for a while, though she tested negative, we think she had it too.
4 of us left not sick….yet. Say a little prayer that I’m spared, please.
Oh bother

:hugs

:hit

Back
Top Bottom