Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Sounds great!

I wonder.... if I had full control over Thanksgiving.... what I would cook.

:old
I’m guessing something savory with a big side of dessert, followed by dessert for dessert.

My body is screaming for comfort food, which always translates into “potatoes”.
Hashbrown casserole
Twice baked
Garlic mashed
Potato skins
Country fried
Fries…..

Good day, pond peeps!

The ‘virus’ is running through my office. 3 people have tested positive now, and one was off a couple weeks ago for a while, though she tested negative, we think she had it too.
4 of us left not sick….yet. Say a little prayer that I’m spared, please.
🙏:hugs:fl

It’s frustrating. Kinda. She rode by herself in a big circle. Then, she did it as long as a full minute when I was simply grabbing her sweatshirt. I wasn’t holding her up, I was just holding on. I have six months to get her riding or it won’t happen. :(
Why the deadline?

Weren’t turkeys outrageously expensive this year? Was yours a home grown?
Enjoy the family and the food. Sounds lovely.
That is a bit puzzling. prices are no different from last year here. .99 a lb for Butterballs and as low as .48 a lb on the big tom Jenny O's. The hens running around .78 a lb.

Checking in now, may not have power by morning. Wind is really picking up and heavy snow to start around midnight. Heavy wet snow thru to Monday a.m. then the temps are supposed to tank. If we lose power for too long I may wind up with half grown chicks in the front bedroom, whoopee. We have plenty of generators but no way to run the furnace so that means the fireplace. Usually not a huge problem except, they are talking temps below zero nighttime and low teens daytime by midweek. Getting a bit old for this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom