Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Yes, finally. Right at dusk. She flew onto a lower branch, inside the yard, then down to her flock mates. Another hen had flown up on top of the coops, but she made her way back down pretty quickly. Guess I shouldn’t let them out unsupervised.
Careful. I had one bird show the entire flock that sleeping in the roof rafters was fun. The entire flock. Not a single bird on the roosts. We finally had to wire the rafters off.

Careful. I had one bird show the entire flock that sleeping in the roof rafters was fun. The entire flock. Not a single bird on the roosts. We finally had to wire the rafters off.
Several of mine sleep in the rafters. Last year when we had the mink attack, those were the ones that survived.

I had something similar happen with sleeping outside on the roof!!!! Nothing funnier than seeing a silkie climb up to tip top to roost!!!!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom