Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Thank you! Your pictures are magical! :wee
Any luck finding a new/used car?
Not yet... Kid is going to look at one tomorrow...

But I don't like the one he is going to look at... I forget why (he was showing me a bunch of possibilities, and I didn't like any of them).

I am hoping he holds out until something better pops up. Spouse is doing eye surgery the week of December 15th.... in Anchorage... so many used vehicles to pick from up there... I was trying to get him to wait for that....

:idunno

Looks like my logic fell on deaf ears.

Smack me silly.

5 hours of snow blowing yesterday to get the church side nice

A foot of snow last night...

4 hours this morning on our driveway...

And blizzard all-day

then when kid was starting on the church driveway side he slid the bobcat into the creek.

Yep... still blizzard but warming up... so nasty roads.

I drove into town before the slide into the creek. ....

So many cars had slid off the roads... all-over and every where.

I knew kid would need more diesel, not a single diesel jug in town to be had for love or for money.... so I bought a gas one, filled it with diesel.... on my way home... and get the call that I need to get back into town and buy all the things because the bobcat is half in the creek.

Tow strap busted, snatch block busted... old plow truck (that can no longer plow) still can't turn on (been working on that, off and on for a week), so they had tried to use the old Yukon as a towing vehicle... and it has crap tires as well as no chains..

So...

I bought chains for the Yukon, tensioners for the chains... went to the marine supply store for a snatch block that will handle 9 thousand pounds... even heftier tow strap....

Came on home.... drove up, unloaded the groceries...

Water got boiling, I had bought frozen tortellini..... and then the power went out.

Still out.

The food was just warm enough to call it done. So... good there.

We didn't have a fire going today since I was in town with 2 kids for eye appointments, and other kid was snow blowing.....

BUT, again... food was fully cooked.

So.... good.

Sigh.

Also.... I did call the super tow truck guy.. he is booked solid.. said he could make it out tomorrow morning IF the road is plowed and sanded for him. :th

I texted our back up plow guy... he still hasn't texted back... probably in a ditch or up past his eyeballs in snow.

I did bring 8 bags of sand home with me...

Smack me silly.

And blizzard all-day

then when kid was starting on the church driveway side he slid the bobcat into the creek.

I knew kid would need more diesel, not a single diesel jug in town to be had for love or for money.... so I bought a gas one, filled it with diesel.... on my way home... and get the call that I need to get back into town and buy all the things because the bobcat is half in the creek.

Tow strap busted, snatch block busted... old plow truck (that can no longer plow) still can't turn on (been working on that, off and on for a week), so they had tried to use the old Yukon as a towing vehicle... and it has crap tires as well as no chains..

So...

I bought chains for the Yukon, tensioners for the chains... went to the marine supply store for a snatch block that will handle 9 thousand pounds... even heftier tow strap....

Water got boiling, I had bought frozen tortellini..... and then the power went out.

Still out.

We didn't have a fire going today since I was in town with 2 kids for eye appointments, and other kid was snow blowing.....

So.... good.

Sigh.

Also.... I did call the super tow truck guy.. he is booked solid.. said he could make it out tomorrow morning IF the road is plowed and sanded for him. :th

I texted our back up plow guy... he still hasn't texted back... probably in a ditch or up past his eyeballs in snow.

Sounds like you got the your hands full.

Perfectly plowed at noon... by 6pm

20211206_201211.jpg

Moring Pond we got up late almost 10 .. Sure felt good.
If I get to lay in til 7 a.m. I feel like I got to sleep all day!
Smack me silly.

And blizzard all-day

So...

Still out.

So.... good.

Sigh.

Poor Al!!! We've had some weather fun here too but nothing like you! :eek:
We only got around a foot total. Quit snowing by shortly after dawn but the wind was already picking up and was gusting close to 50 by noon. We hit our high in the morning and dropped all day. Won't discuss the windchill. Tonight we have a clear sky, calm wind and a dead cold. It was not fun but with shovels and snowthrowers we dug everything out of the drifts except the dryway but we'll do that tomorrow. No hurry because the road is still drifted in anyway. Just because we bought a brand new generator we never lost power! Not complaining mind you, I was NOT looking forward to putting a bunch of half grown chicks into the front room. Temps aren't supposed to break zero tomorrow so it'll be an inside day. Guess I can't put off digging out the creche's and stuff. I don't go crazy with the decorating like I used to. Now that it's just the two of us, we spend our Christmas' a lot quieter and focusing more on the true reason for the season. We will have one wonderful day this year tho. All of DH's kids, grandkids and even a great grand child will be coming on the 18th. There is a small community center not far from us (same one they rented for their dad's 80th 2 years ago-he's 12 yrs older than me) and they rented it again for the family Christmas party! Those long roadtrips are too rough on DH's bad knees and we have no one to watch the animals so we've not been able to make it to the gathering for several years so they decided to bring the party to us this year!!! My family was here last month which was wonderful. Mine are scattered far further afield so it was so great to see them again and to meet the soon to be new grandson-in-law. His family are all a great bunch of kids so I know it will be a fun time. Shaping up to be a good truly old fashioned north country Christmas like we haven't had for many years.

Still no power... but I found a power box to charge the phone.

AND (happy drum roll please) a friend stopped by to help..

FIRST they drug/pushed a huge truck that had stuck itself at the base of our driveway :th I mean REALLY NOW!! Why?

Then the boys and friend DID manage to get the bobcat out!!!!!

No more road work tonight.

Friend went home, boys got Yukon and bobcat home.

DONE!

Back
Top Bottom