Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

/yawns & tries to stretch

/blinks sleep from eyes several times … over an hour passes, “ok we must get up now.” (I inform myself)

/stairs at screen, “… oh yeah, tea! ….”
View attachment 3167768
Nice beverage set up you have there! 😍

My faithful Toby rooster and his lovely sister MJ both came to me shipped in a box. Not gonna lie - I worried and worried...especially since they spent a full 24 hours on the Tarmac at LAX before they even began their trip. But, they were both healthy and have done great (they're 6 years old now!).
That’s terrifying!

They told me he would never be in the sun or on the tarmac longer than 15mins each for load & unload. I have no way of knowing if that’s true or not, but they offered me that information unsolicited, so I’m guessing that really is their policy.

Did I tell you the cargo people on my end were fawning all over him? They said they’d never flown a chicken before & were crowded around him, sitting on the floor with him, talking to him & taking pictures. When they took him I started bawling my eyes out like an idiot.

I would have loved to have had a nanny cam to see what happened on the Seattle leg. We’ll never know, but at least the weather there was mild yesterday & he arrived (apparently) unscathed, so that’s all that matters.

Last edited:
Good morning, Pond.

@room onthebroom see, I told you it would all be okay. :oops:
Yes, you’re very smart, shut up. 😜🤣
1B1694C6-D407-432E-B17B-A124F1A8C013.jpeg

Nice beverage set up you have there! 😍

That’s terrifying!

They told me he would never be in the sun or on the tarmac longer than 15mins each for load & unload. I have no way of knowing if that’s true or not, but they offered me that information unsolicited, so I’m guessing that really is their policy.

Did I tell you the cargo people on my end were fawning all over him? They said they’d never flown a chicken before & were crowded around him, sitting on the floor with him, talking to him & taking pictures. When they took him I started bawling my eyes out like an idiot.

I would have loved to have had a nanny cam to see what happened on the Seattle leg. We’ll never know, but at least the weather there was mild there yesterday & he arrived (apparently) unscathed, so that’s all that matters.
So glad he got there well!! Congratulations! (It's all in the packaging!!)

I introduced my friend and her 10-year-old daughter to that movie a few days ago. The daughter loved it of course. My friend liked it, but she is deaf, and missed the closed captioning here and there.
There you are. I knew if I quoted Princess Bride you’d show up. 🤣 It’s your Super Power. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom