Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well Ponders, I have a tale of horror for you.

I had decided to take a nice bath to destress after my day and get ready for bed. Let me set the scene. I am relaxing, the water is the perfect temperature, and the music of 2Cellos is playing softly. I am reading on my Kindle app on my phone.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see something brown suddenly fall from above, and I hear it hit the edge of the tub. Hmm, I think, best investigate that. I look from my phone to the edge of the tub, see nothing, and track my gaze over to my body, where A LARGE BROWN SPIDER is now perched.

My brain goes into panic mode immediately, because I am afraid of spiders. My brain orders my body to remove the spider immediately but also don't touch it. So of course the best course of action is to use MY PHONE to shoo it off my stomach. Except now it is floating in the water with me. Quick, use the phone to fling it out!

It was at this point that my wits partially returned and I realized I was plunging a VERY expensive water sensitive piece of equipment that is pretty integral to my life into the water. I get ahold of myself and use my free hand to swish water, and the spider, out of the tub.

The floor is soaked. There is a large spider somewhere in my bathroom. My phone has been partially submerged into the tub. The notes of My Heart Will Go On play softly in the background as I contemplate what just happened.

Needless to say the bath was over. The spider is still somewhere in my bathroom. I have used towels to soak up the water. My phone helpfully informed me that water was detected in the charging port, and I should make sure it's fully dry before charging it. I used canned air to blow water out of the port, hopefully that does it, I won't plug it in until it dies to be sure.

So much for relaxing before bed.

Last edited:
515302CC-A842-4BF2-9408-DA63C3E954FF.jpeg 78295539-60AA-4A8B-89EE-93BD4EF177C8.jpeg

Putting up the lily pad awnings - gonna be hot and humid.

I had decided to take a nice bath to destress after my day and get ready for bed. Let me set the scene. I am relaxing, the water is the perfect temperature, and the music of 2Cellos is playing softly. I am reading on my Kindle app on my phone.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see something brown suddenly fall from above, and I hear it hit the edge of the tub. Hmm, I think, best investigate that. I look from my phone to the edge of the tub, see nothing, and track my gaze over to my body, where A LARGE BROWN SPIDER is now perched.

My brain goes into panic mode immediately, because I am afraid of spiders. My brain orders my body to remove the spider immediately but also don't touch it. So of course the best course of action is to use MY PHONE to shoo it off my stomach. Except now it is floating in the water with me. Quick, use the phone to fling it out!

It was at this point that my wits partially returned and I realized I was plunging a VERY expensive water sensitive piece of equipment that is pretty integral to my life into the water. I get ahold of myself and use my free hand to swish water, and the spider, out of the tub.

The floor is soaked. There is a large spider somewhere in my bathroom. My phone has been partially submerged into the tub. The notes of My Heart Will Go On play softly in the background as I contemplate what just happened.

Needless to say the bath was over. The spider is still somewhere in my bathroom. I have used towels to soak up the water. My phone helpfully informed me that water was detected in the charging port, and I should make sure it's fully dry before charging it. I used canned air to blow water out of the port, hopefully that does it, I won't plug it in until it dies to be sure.

And this is why I take showers.

oh noes!!!! those little acrobats.... they are always making trouble.

Morning pond. Hope ur all getting ready for the 4th of july. Im wearing my USA USA USA shirt from the dollar store i bought last year lol. ready to see all the weekenders coming this weekend.

I almost want to get the chickens red white and blue tutus........ but i know theyd just hide in the maintenance yard and no one would see them lol.

Back
Top Bottom