Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

For Al-taken near the Horicon Marsh this week (not by me) our cranes have left us pushed by the last cold front.
View attachment 3269093

Morning everyone!! I'm baaaaaaack! :cool:
Finally got our killing frost (26o F) this morning so I can finally put the last of the herb garden to bed. Way later than a normal year for us. I always delay the last summer coop cleaning until this happens so I can dump all that fertilizer on top to "cook" until spring. Makes for huge tomatoes every year!
Nothing new for us, just another trip around the sun. Decided I've done my bit for the country and have retired from political involvement (no more poll inspector, etc.) and just turned down the latest job offer from the Census Bureau (DH has decided that it's time, 30 yrs is enough and rural door knocking etc. has just gotten too dangerous for this old gal and sadly I have to agree). Personally too, I am just no longer comfortable leaving him alone for long periods of time. He's still a healthy (for his age) 80's something, problem is he still thinks he can do what he did in his 60's and won't stay out of the woods. He's done a great job of taking care of me all these years thru broken legs, cancer, etc. so now it's my turn to take care of him and our senior pup.
Anyway, that's us, now I need to try and catch up with all of you!!! :caf

HAPPY FALL YA'LL!

The picture is fantastic!

Of course, I love animals.

When we lived in Richmond, Virginia, we had Canada geese all year.

They would raise their young and oh what a site.

One goose had 18 goslings and one of the other geese would help her with them as she always brought up the rear.

Good Afternoon, Pond!

I just have to share my giggle for the day. (OK, it wasn’t a giggle - it was a flat out belly laugh…)

Remember my granddaughter the Ladder Girl? Today I got this from her dad:

0856AC7F-CDE6-4040-8F85-1A8AC7F30756.jpeg

Not letting her watch tv, so she’s walking to grandmas…

(That grandma lives about 2 miles away.) :lau

My fondest memories are with Grandma my first 8 years.
I can relate. After my grandma died, we found a picture of me at about 3 years old. I’m holding a map and standing by a suitcase. On the back of the picture, my grandma had written, “Where are you going? Are you running away? Do you want me to drive you?”

One of my DILs’ grandma says, “The reason kids and their grandparents get along so well is because they have a common enemy.”

Traded one of my Toms for a broad breasted white hen from a friend yesterday. He got two from TSC this spring and ended up with two hens so we traded. She's fitting in with the rest fairly well, still a bit of an outcast but not too bad. I'll probably pair her with my second tom and have a trio of just palms this spring.

Tom I traded
IMG20220923073457.jpg

Boys trying to impress her 🤣
IMG20220923082731.jpg
IMG20220923082739.jpg

She got up on the roosts too, wasn't really expecting that 🤣
IMG20220923212029.jpg

She's pretty though
IMG20220924154707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom