Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Breakout the bubble wrap.

After a very long & crappy day, I fell in the garage on my way to feed the mealworms. Luckily a 50# bag of dog food & a stack of empty cardboard boxes broke my fall, (thank heaven for small favors) but I was unceremoniously dumped sideways into those boxes & it took me far too long to get out.

I’m sure when I die & I watch the video of my life I will think it was funny & will laugh & laugh at the stunned look on my face as I lay enshrined in empty Amazon boxes, surrounded by a million tiny pieces of cauliflower. But for now I’m grumpy & sore & DD1 has me covered in some funky potion that smells a lot like winter mint. I don’t like winter mint. :rant

little giants GIF
But...

While lying there... did you try to get your tongue to flick out to grab cauliflower bits?

Like a frog tongue?

Did you??

:pop

Sorry for the soreness. :hugs

But...

While lying there... did you try to get your tongue to flick out to grab cauliflower bits?

Like a frog tongue?

Did you??

:pop

Sorry for the soreness. :hugs
Maybe I’ll try that next time. I just laid there going, “durrrrrr… what just happened?” 😂🤣 I’m very thankfully not sore today. DD really knows her stuff when it comes to potions.

Well, time to put the chickens on lockdown again… went out to do chores after school today and found this in the run:

3DCAF725-0F95-4371-A7EA-D9FC6B181D65.jpeg

It’s a red-tail hawk. Also in the run was a dead meat pullet. I am keeping it contained until the chickens (hopefully) go to roost. Out of the 42 chickens I had when I left for work this morning, only 6 are accounted for. My red cockerel, a couple of pullets, a couple of hens and my broody. I’m hoping they’re all scattered and hiding and that I didn’t get wiped out by coyotes today as well. Other than the ones I’ve seen (they were in the coop attached to the run with the hawk in it), there is not another chicken to be found. I think the kill was pretty fresh, because I couldn’t see any sign of the hawk having torn into the bird yet. Bummed about the loss of the one chicken, but I am just sick over the thought of the rest of them being gone.

Well, time to put the chickens on lockdown again… went out to do chores after school today and found this in the run:

View attachment 3273648

It’s a red-tail hawk. Also in the run was a dead meat pullet. I am keeping it contained until the chickens (hopefully) go to roost. Out of the 42 chickens I had when I left for work this morning, only 6 are accounted for. My red cockerel, a couple of pullets, a couple of hens and my broody. I’m hoping they’re all scattered and hiding and that I didn’t get wiped out by coyotes today as well. Other than the ones I’ve seen (they were in the coop attached to the run with the hawk in it), there is not another chicken to be found. I think the kill was pretty fresh, because I couldn’t see any sign of the hawk having torn into the bird yet. Bummed about the loss of the one chicken, but I am just sick over the thought of the rest of them being gone.

I hope you find them quickly.

If they are hiding, maybe they'll come back at roost time.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom