Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The wind is a major factor here. An inch of snow and 45 mph winds will shut things down in a hurry. Last Wednesday we were 2 hours late due to poor visibility and road conditions, and closed on Friday because of ice.

Ice is no joke. Our school district can be stubborn. Last week, we had a day where almost all the school districts around us had 2 hour delays because of icy conditions... except ours. When I dropped the kids off at school, the icyest road was right in front of their school. I was not thrilled...

Ice is no joke. Our school district can be stubborn. Last week, we had a day where almost all the school districts around us had 2 hour delays because of icy conditions... except ours. When I dropped the kids off at school, the icyest road was right in front of their school. I was not thrilled...
I was listening to my county radio on Friday, hearing the deputies going from semis getting “stuck” partway up hills, to cars in the ditch, and a rollover. I’m glad we canceled.

C93BB5D2-92B4-488E-AB15-C615E06ADB1C.jpeg @sourland has been banned from the shore.

Evening Pond. Spent the afternoon getting all the birds set up for the cold snap we have coming through. Gonna be -15. So everybody got extra hay bedding to snuggle down into and all the Kos came into my workshop because they don't do the cold well. Perfect breed to have fallen in love with where I live, lol.

Back
Top Bottom