Welcome to our farm, come sit awhile

HenHouse4Life

GrandmaOnDuty
Mar 22, 2016
Mid Michigan
Hello fellow BYC'ERS, my name is Laurie and here you can read about happenings at our farm or share your own stories.
My husband Robert and I live on the 20 acre farm I grew up on. Our daughter Mara also lives here with her 6 1/2 month old son Charlie.
We have 31 chickens of several breeds, 4 ducks,
3 German Shepherds, 1 red Dobie, a Shihtzu, 6 in and out cats.... and 3 fish. Our next animals will be goats and we're busy planning where their area will be.
I enjoy antiquing, quilting, baking, just to name a few.
My husband works full time, and overtime, at a nice job which allows me to stay home for the time being to take care of Charlie while our daughter Mara goes to work as a CNA.
This is Charlie, my first and beloved grandson.
20180809_124228.jpg
20180824_151524.jpg

This is Nikko, my souldog. He helps every single day with chores.
We're in Michigan and lately we've been preparing for winter already, cutting down dead trees, splitting for firewood etc.. I need to get back on my quilting project I have going at some point lol.
I hope you enjoy reading more as the days go, we're not super exciting folks but there's never a dull moment here.
Happy chicken-ing and may peace be in your life.

Well, today on our farm we got our first bantam egg of our spring chicks! I brought it inside, took a picture on my kitchen counter..... and the red dobie snuck up behind me and snatched it :barnie:he
I don't know what his fascination was with it but he ate it, shell and all.

Back
Top Bottom