Welcome to the game show "sex my ducks" ;)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Magical Mermaid, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Magical Mermaid

Magical Mermaid Out Of The Brooder

Helloooo contestants. So today I have for you 3 lovely not so little 8 week muscovy ducklet's and a gorgeous 8-9 week old pekin for your viewing pleasure. I've attached some photos for the online panel of poultry professionals to *drum roll* guess that sex!!!

Our first runner up is the lovely Bernice, a black n white pied who enjoys hot baths and mosquitos at dusk.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our second runner up is the our flirtaceous Quackie, a beautiful Chocolate who enjoys letting you get close enough you think it's gunna let you pet it... Stampers off JUST before your finger tips make contact ;) what a tease. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our next contender is Onion. A gorgeous blue (? Opinions on colour would be deeply appreciated) who enjoys watermelon and neck rubs. Careful fellas this one will steal your heart and run away with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but definitely not least we have Keno, Spunky and full of life. Definitely the leader of the pack. Don't buy this one dinner... with expectations. Keno will chest bump you out the door and **** on your "jordans"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for playing "Sex my duck"

All contestants will walk away today knowing, they know their ****!!

Join us another time for the next installment of...... "Sex My duck"!!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Terrific post![​IMG]

@Miss Lydia
    can you help?

3. Magical Mermaid

Is there a season nobody is playing "sex my ducks"? Like are the photos I supplied not good angles or shots? Poorly chosen physical features?

I'm sorry if my post is rude or deterring in some way. I just wanted to bring some humour to the topic.

4. lomine

lomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    I think your post is funny.

I can't offer any help on sexing Muscovy. I *think* you go by the carnucles on the face but you have to wait till they are older (maybe?). To help with that the Muscovy folk would need good face shots. For the Pekin, you should be able to voice sex now or pretty soon. If it is quacking it is female. If it makes a raspy, frog like noise it is male. I know Muscovy make different noises so the same rules wouldn't apply to them.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

I have noticed that sometimes threads I start seem to become invisible. I don't know exactly how that happens, but it does! [​IMG]

So let's see if we can wave a wand and bring this one back. I think it's really cute.

I do not have Muscovies, so I am going to play even though I am quite ignorant of the finer points. Once, long, long, ago, I made a reasoned guess that was wrong, and ooooh, did a Muscovy keeper git after me! [​IMG] Well, I am going to try again.

They are all gorgeous, and I think they are all girls!!!! Not much caruncling, and those faces just look like sweet feminine faces to me.

@Miss Lydia
    @Going Quackers
    @Scovy Momma

6. Magical Mermaid

Thank you so much for your magic wand faery God-Amiga!! And for your reply. I'm newer here. Have only made a couple of posts so I wasn't sure if it was something I did or didn't do. Lol

Thank you also for your guess. I promise not to get after you should your guess be wrong. :p

I think they look like girls also they have such delicate faces!! I agree with you. I hope I have all girls it seems much easier finding ppl trying to get rid of unwanted males that it is to find females lol. So fingers crossed.

7. Magical Mermaid

thank you so much for your comment. Yes I heard that about the voice seeing of the pekin. And I'm fairly confident keno is a girl my gosh she is sure noisy compared to the muscovy.

I had not heard about seeing by caruncles tho. That is new to me. I have read a few places that you sex by their feet and legs. Hence so many foot shots lol. /sigh I'm the least patient person or earth. I don't wanna wait till they are potentially laying to know for sure **** it. /stomps foot. Lol

8. susan bliss

susan bliss New Egg

Mar 24, 2015
    Waterville

They are all beautiful. I have 3 Pekin ducks myself that are 4 months old. Ducks are hard to sex in general until they either quack or get their Drake feather. I have one female who has been quaking(honking really) since 5 weeks old. And my 2 boys peeped for the longest time. But even though they didn't get their Drake feathers until just a few weeks ago I new they were boys because the peeps gradually turned into a raspy sounding low quack. Best advice is you know you have ever a female when you hear her. The females are LOUD! At 8 or 9 weeks at least your Pekin should be quaking. If not then my guess would be a drake.

9. HannahDuckLover

HannahDuckLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    By the jungle
    Hmm…these are trickier than usual. I guess:

Bernice: Female
    Quackie: Female
    Onion: Male…possibly…or possibly not.

Do you have more pictures with all of them together? Is Onion bigger than the other two? Side by side comparisons are the best.

Once they’re a little older it’ll be much easier. Pretty soon, if you have any males, they’ll be twice the size of the females, and eventually they males will start hissing. Once they are adults, the males will have much larger caruncles, but that sign comes last since they don’t grow caruncles until they’re 4-6 months old (can’t remember for sure).

10. Magical Mermaid

Thank you for your comment!! Oh keno honks loud. My son (20mths) mimics her all the time. I'm confident she's a girl. When do the Drake curly feathers come in? For future reference?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by