Welcoming new Muscovies

Scol86

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2019
Vermont
4DFB4F10-C9EA-45D6-A108-FCDF7EFD7CDE.jpeg

My family has named this guy ‘Vlad’ he came from a hoarding situation that was super sad, he and his mates have never been sheltered or fed, so they’ve been with us for about 5 days and are starting to understand coop life and the feed situation. I, on the otherhand, freak out when I get hissed at when I walk in the coop and these beasties are perched above me. They are so cool to watch though. We welcomed 4 muscovies, Vlad, Fezik,Stacia and Nadia. I think we will have to clip their wings because our land is on a very steep drop off and if they fly over it, the odds of getting them back aren’t good.

Thanks for the tag @TwoCrows I Love Scovys. :love
So awesome you were able to rescue these from the situation they were in. Their hiss is nothing just their way of saying I am scared. Once you win them over they will be like puppies following you around. Yes clip their wings because flying is a big part of what they love and you sure don't want to lose them after rescuing them. I have a pic of how to clip if you need it. Love to see pics of the rest too when you can.

Thanks for the tag @TwoCrows I Love Scovys. :love
So awesome you were able to rescue these from the situation they were in. Their hiss is nothing just their way of saying I am scared. Once you win them over they will be like puppies following you around. Yes clip their wings because flying is a big part of what they love and you sure don't want to lose them after rescuing them. I have a pic of how to clip if you need it. Love to see pics of the rest too when you can.
thanks everyone!
We introduced the old and new flocks today. We also clipped their wings. Phew! That was crazy!! Those are amazingly strong birds. They are in the snowy sunshine today, we had a great time watching them. My Pekins and Campbell’s are a bit intimidated I think. One of them is really dirty, I’m waiting to see if he starts cleaning and pruning. They are starting to understand the feeding regime and the watering, which is a plus. They really are quite majestic.

Attachments

• 98C453CB-0DD5-44A3-8C7F-E9D46BCA4EF1.jpeg
    98C453CB-0DD5-44A3-8C7F-E9D46BCA4EF1.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 1
Aww...how nice to you to rescue them all! :love

@Miss Lydia stop by when you can and see this cutie!
I wish I could have taken more, there were literally hundreds of these birds and several large barn yard animals as well. February in Vermont isn’t the time of year you want to be chasing down livestock. Hats off the Kinder Way Animal Sanctuary.

Back
Top Bottom