Well all of your horse enthusiasts... Geebs is happy tonight!!!

geebs

Lovin' the Lowriders!
15 Years
Sep 28, 2008
My mare started a colick episode 11 days ago... We had close call after close call... Finally the decision was made to quit fighting as we were at the last safe dose of meds that could be delivered w/o doing damage... She passed the blockage within 2 hours of her scheduled euthansia... All of the nieghbors and friends came by and held my hand and she is a petre dish of tears cried into her mane from the countless fans. She is a mare I have been priviledged to own for 12 years... She has seen my daughter through school... all 12 years... She is 31 one years young today.... and counting. My heart soars.. Rejoice with me my BYC chummies.. and for those of you out there sayin prayers for Geebs mare.... Thanks.... ya all have some pull with the man upstairs.

She has been a teacher to more than 50 students in my ownership of her.. She has her Legion of Merit and is the daughter of one of Bask's last stallions Baskin, and the granddaughter of the great Azraff. She is practically perfect in every way...

She will adorn the parade route once again carrying a fairy or princess dressed in all the regala and open the local county fair next week... The onlookers will never know the fight we had... But it doesn't matter... My pegasus, my unicorn is still here today...

Please excuse her raggedy look... It was a hellish week.

16367_picture_402.jpg

Last edited:
She looks like the grey *Bask and Azraff LOL! I remember those oldies LOL!

Glad she pulled through. Hope she did not get into anything she was not supposed to and have many more years for her to ride and teach! Send some pictures of the costumes!

Yay .. she's a real treasure ...

I have a friend with an old arab mare .. I think she's 36 this year .. lookin' kinda rough, but still kickin' ...

Great job!

AWWWEEEEE shucks!!! thanks guys... I will post pix of the parade. She is supposed to be a unicorn... (we were going to go with zebra because of ease of costume) but there is a bunch of us doing horse fantasy.... My senior student is riding a destrier costumed and he is a knight.... leading a small dragon... Then there is my daughter on her (zebra) and we have fairies and of course the unicorn.... Mine will probably be pegasus (might even put the tristar logo on her chest as she looks just like that horse) Our group calls itself.... The Broadacre Bandits (we are from a small nieghborhood called broadacres...off of broadacres road)... There is only a bar and a grocery store... that is the whole "town"... Which is great... We drive our little horse buggy up and down the dirt roads and it is a slice out of the past.... a real step back in time/contrast against working in downtown portland... man is it nice to come home.

What a wonderful post! She looks awesome to me! I cant wait to see photos from the parade. I love to see horses all dressed up like us goofy dog parents do to our dogs! lol

Back
Top Bottom