well,at least he's not afraid of heights!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by secretquail, Aug 7, 2010.

1. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    My new goofball duckling is so silly. Maybe this is normal, but this little bug wants to be as high as possible! Any time he is on my lap, he scurries up to my shoulder! It's adorable, but then he eats my hair and tries to eat my freckles!!! I'm afraid he's going to take a dive off the edge!!! I'll try to get DH to take a pic! ...do they always peep in their sleep?

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

You know you are trying to get company for him, but I have to tell you all that funky business is over once you have another duckling. Your duckling can grow up happy as long as you socialize with it. Plus it will help with other ducks down the road, if you have one that is really close to you. So you may want to wait before adding another one. Perhaps you should wait until you know what sex your duck is. Then you can add another duck in its age knowing what sexes you have.

3. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Super tempting....he is asleep on my belly right now.[​IMG] My daughter named him 'Not Sure' when we weren't sure if he would live! He's now been upgraded to 'Lucky Ducky'[​IMG]

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:i totally agree. my pretty blue and white pied muscovy liked me till i got the mallards. now they all 3 hate me lol.

my 2 older scovies did fine. my hen loved me till she went broody and my drake adores me as much as i adore him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by