Well, at least I get to watch the sunrise...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Been up since like 5:15am, woke up to a loud crash and ran into see my 103yo g-ma on the floor. [​IMG] Apparently she got dizzy on the way to her bathroom and grabbed the door knob and it moved so that just made it worse. We are packing to move and she had some boxes on the floor, well, she kinda sat on them. [​IMG] So, my dad got my mom and we all got a sheet and slid her onto it. I grabbed the fitted sheet so we could get a better grip. Luckily her chair was not to far away so we put her straight in that. She had cut her arm open, down by her wrist is black, but nothing that serious. My mom helped her to the bathroom and back into bed, and now she is fine. Her nurse is already supposed to come this morning so she picked a good day to fall. Well I always try to think of the positive things in life, so at least two good things: 1:I got to see my babies earlier (chicken babies) & 2:I get to watch the sun come up in about an hour or so.
    [​IMG]Hope everyone has a good Thursday! [​IMG](better that us anyway)

2. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    THE SUN IS COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Sorry about your grandma and hoping she heals up fast.

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Here's a sunrise for ya:

[​IMG]

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    WOW! That is beautiful! [​IMG]

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.

Thanks to you both! Her nurse came and saw her, she said that the meds for an infection in her leg is probably causing the dizziness. She only has a week more of the meds, so hopefully after that she will be fine.
    [​IMG]

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Update:

She now has a fever of 100.3, she is so weak that she can hardly sit up to drink. PRAYERS PLEASE! she is my last grandparent left... [​IMG]I don't wanna lose her!

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    sorry to hear about your grandma

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks for all the prayers! I told her about all the supporters she has, and she got the biggest smile on her face and told me to tell you all thank you! [​IMG]
    Her nurse said, even though she is a little better this morning to take her to the E.R. after she eats and rests for a little while. She has a pretty loud wheeze and she has a bruise that size of my hand on her hip. She also needs labs done so if we can kill like 6 birds with 1 stone, that would be great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by