"Well Dressed Chickens"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Eanwulfx, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. only if you count "to eat"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Eanwulfx

Eanwulfx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2012
    My domestic partners youngest daughter asked me for a silly thing the other day- She asked me if chickens can wear diapers can our chicken "Scootaloo" Have a dress as well? Shes a darling little 6 year old so, despite having almost no sewing skills I did just that. I went and made the chicken her own little poofy prom dress.

How many other people here have gone and done something like this? I would love to see everyone of your well dressed chickens! Here is our little house chicken in all her well-dressed glory- The one, The only "Princess" Scootaloo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    Your post and photos just made me smile so big! Thanks for that - it was great to see your handiwork just for the sake
    of a child! Gotta love it.

3. Eanwulfx

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, Though It might nip me in the bud later, because now she thinks that my turken "Vulture" needs a dress as well so they can have a little birdie dance.. Oh well! It could be much worse.

4. kacklinkelly

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    Perhaps the Naked Neck could wear a bow tie.

I will admit that I dressed my chickens for Christmas. Got the idea from this forum so I wasn't the first/only crazy
    chicken lady. Although my family questions that. I made little Santa hats and scarfs. one of the girls got to wear
    a bow. My daughter has the photos. If I can find them soon, I will upload. My girls were not as cooperative as your
    girl though. Maybe, they would like your outfits better. Continue having fun. You are creating great memories
    for the little one.

5. Eanwulfx

Oct 29, 2012
    Ha, she did not like it all that much at all really. She was mighty fussy while I was trying to get the front of the dress to look "good" and get the sash/bow thing adjusted over her diaper. I guess part of it is that she gets diapered after noon every day so she can have the run of the place so to speak.

Lil' Santa chickens sounds downright adorable. When you find those pictures you simply must post them.

I hope to continue making good memory's with these little ones for some time to come I have our "Grand Chickens" in the incubator right now twelve little eggs six failed show girl (fuzzy but not quite silkie our Scootaloo) crossed with an ornery old Barred Rock we Call "Nightmare" or "Stew" and six Turken "Vulture" X the same barred Rock Roo. I am hoping to get to show the little ones the glory of hatching there very own chicks.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

See, that's a reason why you need to go visit the 4th Annual BYC Easter HatchALong thread in the Hatch-a-long forum! I am sponsoring one of many contests there; create Designer Chicken Tiaras for the Diva in your hen!

Winner will receive a full year's GFM (Golden Feather Membership).

Anybody who has dressed a chicken would pro ably enjoy tinkering with stuff to create a tiara, right? :D

7. Eanwulfx

Oct 29, 2012
    Pft, Natalya asked me to make one of those too.. That is a contest that is just begging to be entered!
    I have to figure out the logistics for it, but it would look just *darling* with the dress /Laughs/ Oh the guys already want to take my man card just for making the dress imagine what they would say if the next time they come round shes got a tiara too!

8. kacklinkelly

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    This gets better every time I check in. I'm going to the easter egg hatch along site tonight. Sounds like a hoot.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Do a search for Sophie the diva chicken......I lost her last year and still can't click on her pics, but you'd enjoy her many outfits.....she was a very special girl

10. 'Bird is on the page with Sophie too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by