1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Well, Had a bad day....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LegHorn-BusHorn, Sep 6, 2009.

1. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Songster

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    Was getting ready to go to a friends, all ready, going out the door, lock the door and go. Get to the car and I left my keys inside! [​IMG] Check all doors to see if I left any unlocked, NOT. So, I call a friend that has a key, doesn't answer phone. Call my DS because I know he got in without a key, through the basement window. He says "mom, don't try it you will get hurt" Well, I did get the window open through the dryer vent, but then took one look at that window and knew I couldn't get through it without lots of issues. My DH is in Chicago, so he can't help. So then I remember I gave some deadlocks to the friend I was going to and she came over and voila it opened the basement door. Thank the GL for people that can help. Thanks for letting me vent. [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Glad you found someone to help you!
    A friend of mine used to keep a spare set of keys wired to the axle of her truck. So if she ever lost her keys, or locked them inside, all it would take was getting a little dirty to get the spares [​IMG]

3. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Songster

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I am deffinetly going to hide a key! SOON [​IMG]

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Songster

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    It does surprise me that some people do not have spare keys hidden somewhere outside. I did it once and that was all it took. Now I have a key hidden but I'm not telling you where it is. [​IMG]

5. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Songster

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    Well, ya, I did learn an important lesson, [​IMG] at my age. And I know I can't go through a basement window like my son did. He did offer do it for me though.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have a spare hidden outside too! It's around Nugget's neck!
    [​IMG]

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Songster

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:Aint no one gonna mess with him! Thats for sure.

LH-BH I know what you mean. Sshhhh don't tell but I had locked my truck keys in the vehicle but the back window was open. I just had a baby and my BA wasn't gonna fit through that window. I had to have an employee crawl through the window and unlock the truck for me. It has been 14 years ago and I still get hammered for it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by