Well, he tried his rooster best.....

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
We lost a bird today
hit.gif
And naturally, it was one of the three that the girls named and decided were pets. She was a crested polish and I suspect she never saw it coming. A falcon got her.

My roo, according to DH, screamed at it and attacked the falcon who turned on the roo. DH found the falcon under a tree eating the first bird and thought roo was a goner. He rounded up the flock and put them in the coop and called me to say that roo and Midnight were gone.

But, then he called me back and said he thought roo was hiding so he got me to call the rooster - yes I am serious!
lol.png
over the phone!

So I call the rooster and he runs out to the phone!! Dh was hysterical laughing and sat waiting with the roo until I got home.

So, we lost a bird and the kids are upset. No more polishes!

Oh, I am sorry that you lost your polish to the falcon. Those poor crested breeds just cant see the overhead predators. I worry about my polish when ever they are out, but I notice that they mostly stay under the walnut tree.

Chel

thanks guys, but should I give him credit when he hid afterward and left the rest of the flock alone?? Or should I figure he knew DH was taking care of them??

DH thinks roo was at the door to the house looking for me!

(Remember this is my romantic romeo rooster!)

He does deserve credit for trying. I dont know about the hiding part though. Maybe he knew your DH was going to herd them back or maybe he did not want to get attacked after attacking the falcon. Its funny how he came to your voice over speakerphone. I do the same thing when our dogs get loose and we cant find them.

Dont worry the dogs that get loose are very pet and chicken friendly

Back
Top Bottom