Well hello there

xCombixGirlx

In the Brooder
May 27, 2016
Procious, West Virginia
this feels a bit like an AA meeting but here goes.
My friends call me Dizz, I'm a long time stalker first time poster :) I'm "that crazy cheekon whisperer" lol. that is how I call my chicken to me FYI I holler "crazy cheekons" stage whispers "they don't know what these chicken things are that people gas on about" even that hatchings are "crazy baby cheekons"

I decided on a whim 4 wonderful years ago that I needed some chickens. At the time I lived in a rural city. I started with 6 BR one ended up being an EE and one of the BR turned out to be a roo, but he had that syndrome where he wouldn't grow or crow so he died around 4 months old, I guess that was lucky in that I couldn't own a roo.

Almost 3 years ago I moved here to WV. I love being a "mountain man" :p . In the first year I lost 3 BR to foxes and whatnot so I only had was I now call OG BARDY my BR and DERPY CHICKEN my EE left..Well we all KNOW chicken math dictates that 2 chickens should equal at least 8, so I went got some silkies and RSL and a few cornish cross those were for food, will never raise those again, they a gross lol.

jump ahead in time and I grabbed 15 more randoms breed so I could have different ones to look at and have different eggs lol. I have lost a few more and eaten a few more since then. now I have 25 chicken one of which is a half blind ex rapist exiled silkie roo which follows me around like a puppy all the time and sits in my lap and lets me pet him and minds his own business. One of my silkie females known as broody groupie just hatched out 5 mutt chicks 1 roo and 4 hens so that's pretty good odds. Now I have an astro that decided she wanted to try brooding so I brought her inside and she is sitting on 10? eggs I think.

I love my chickens and never looked back, they are one of the most entertaining animals I have ever owned, I never get tired of watching their antics. they greet us in the driveway, if they hear a door open, they somehow know which door it is an run right up to it, they love when we cut and split wood so they can scratch in the shavings for bugs. We feed them scraps that we toss from the back porch and love it. They will jump up on my outside table if I am skinning an animal and try to steal pieces of fat from me. I live to think of them as the seagulls from finding nemo "MINE?" "MINE?" lol. When they sneeze we call them nose farts, I laugh when they lay eggs in the strangest places. As you guys all do we like to say we are watching cctv Crazy Chicken Television.

Looking forward to more lurking and may be even an occasional post lol. Lemme know if you want to know anymore :)

a few days worth of eggs

he accidentally killed a few chickens when he was a baby but now he has learned and helps to keep predators away :) his name is Moonshine, sometimes also known as Doofus

this is what my door looks like opened XP

just a random shot of some of them, the roo known as Gumball was pretty but he was a big jerk to the other boys, so he had to be eaten

this is "crazyhead" his brother was eaten in broad daylight by an owl because he couldn't see, so crazyhead gets a mullet cut every so often so he can see. I actually thought he looked cooler with the mullet cut lol

this is broody groupie, she hatched a single chick last year that moonshine killed by "playing" to rough with it, he lived and learn learned though. This is her on her second batch that she just hatched out on I wanna say 5/6/16

this is "white boy" my big roo even though my silkie roo is called big boy lol. If you hadn't noticed just yet, I tend to "name" my chickens after either they type they are or by a trait they have lol

more of the 5/6/16 babies

this is Astro, one of my atrolops who decided that if broody groupie could do it so could she, so she is currently sitting. her babies should be due around 6/17/16 area

welcome-byc.gif
That is a very lovely flock!!!

Glad you joined!

thank you guys! I wouldn't trade them for the world :) I'm glad you liked that, it's how I feel as I am the only one who raises chickens in my circle of friends.
Hello my name is Dizz and I'm addicted to chickens, I don't think I'll ever be able to get clean and sober XP

thank you guys! I wouldn't trade them for the world :) I'm glad you liked that, it's how I feel as I am the only one who raises chickens in my circle of friends.
Hello my name is Dizz and I'm addicted to chickens, I don't think I'll ever be able to get clean and sober XP
Hello, Dizz. Join your fellow addicts. Although here, the focus is not on curing the addiction, but embracing it.

You know it!! I also love being able to teach my daughter to embrace this side of addiction. She to fell in love with chickens and unlike some kids, she will even help me when I have to cull them and has no problem eating the eggs and meats. I can say as a former "city kid" when I was younger, at her age I don't think I could have done that myself, so I'm really proud of her for it. Although she would never allow me to kill my to OG chickens or her "crazyhead" other than them she is okay with it lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom