1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well, here goes my 1st try...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kiaya611, Apr 26, 2007.

1. kiaya611

kiaya611 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Lebanon, OR
    This is my 1st try at incubating eggs. I have altogether, 3 India Blue Peafowl, 6 Royal Palm Turkey and 5 Narragansett Turkey eggs. My primary incubator is an R-com 20 which is holding 10 of the eggs (3 peafowl, 4 Royal Palm and 3 Narragansett). The Little Giant 10200 (w/fan) was supposed to be my hatching incubator, but I didn't think of the egg size when I ordered the eggs, Sooooo...I have 4 eggs in it (2 Royal Palm and 2 Narragansett) until my Brower Top Hatch arrives (hopefully Saturday). Until then I get to hand turn the 4 eggs in the Little Giant.

I have included pics of my two set-ups. The temp and humidity settings shown on the R-com are slightly high, but based on a 4 day test with 6 digital thermometer/hygrometers to calibrate it. The inside temp shows 99.5°F and 59%RH which based on all I have been able to find out, is within the tolerence of both peafowl and turkey eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can now only hope that all goes well and that I keep up with my end of things.

Thought I would share.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    Looks good [​IMG]
    Love the digital one!

3. kiaya611

kiaya611 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Lebanon, OR
    Thanks.

BTW, what's the best way to keep eggs from rolling around when you don't have an egg turner?

4. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    there is no best way with a litle giant lol! I just laid them on their sides and had them marked x and o on each side. They would occasionally roll a bit after manual turning, but it wasn't major-a little aggrivating though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by