Well here goes nothing...

Emmalion

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Western Massachusetts
My borrowed incubator never showed up so I went and got one at the local feed store. I actually feel better that I did.

I know its not the best one out there but with everything I have read on here and the directions I think I may be able to do this.

photo.jpg

I even got the egg turner. So I spent more money than I wanted to but hey what are hobbies for right?

So I have two thermometer in there that came in the packages. The store didn't have a hydrometer so I am in need of one of those soon.

So please feel free to give a girl a bone and name off some tried and true hydrometers or the duel thermo-hydrometer.

I hope to have my eggs in there tomorrow if everything goes as planned with the temps tonight.

I am getting so
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
I feel your
wee.gif

congratulations on your incubator purchase... i have a borrowed one and am determined never to do it again..... i just went into lockdown like 2 hours ago and i can feel the panic setting in
fl.gif

i have a hen that is sitting on some eggs as well and she seems a lot calmer than me...
hmm.png

I think its funny, I keep going up stairs to check the temp. So far both therms are only reading a degree apart. Bonus is I just about have it set to 95.5 Once I get there I will leave it alone for a lot longer
big_smile.png

I know how that is!!! And about the incubator, if it makes you feel any better, I've had such a good success rate with the LG that I actually bought another one - and only just recently purchased a hova bator just for the hatching process.. I love the LG for incubating
big_smile.png

As for the hygro/thermo - I bought mine at Wal-Mart, it was the only one that I could find there and it wasn't too much at all. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was around $15. I had two of those that worked perfect until I uh.. accidentally left them outside this winter
th.gif

I almost have it up to the temp line on the therms which is 99.5 once it gets there and stays there then I will wait to see if any wild temp swings happen. But right now its all about getting it to that line
big_smile.png

I've been over and above... touchy little dial there

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom