Well Hunters...I've Beat You

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    As I was taking my dogs for their morning potty break, I was hit.

Oh not by a bullet, no shot, not a car...but you guessed it. A deer. A flipping dear barreled over me ON THE SIDEWALK. I heard the "clop, clop, clop" and thought "what is a horse doing on the sidewalk?" and tried to turn around from my dog's business. Only to meet the ground...This buck was running scared. Since it had to pass a four lane highway in order to reach me...

How does that happen?! Can you explain this to me?! This thing was running full speed, down the sidewalk, hit me with it's shoulder, I hit the ground, the Shih Tzu lunged at it (yeah...she tries..) and then it ran into the forest! Next to my apartment. It's mouth was open and it was breathing hard.

So, I am NOT a happy camper this morning. It does not bode well for the drive home.

Freakin' deer...

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    MY WORD!!!!! I'm really glad your Okay....it could have done some serious damage to you!!!! [​IMG]

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    sorry... funny but could have been more dangerous... I am glad that you didn't get hurt bad... Thats not what I would have expected in a hit and run

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    No, I think me screaming helped snap it out. But then, this thing was running scared too. I'm amazed it was so agile on concrete and asphalt. Usually you see them slipping and sliding everywhere on it.

I agree it could have been worse, but when I'm in my PJs I don't want to be run over by a deer first thing in the morning...

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I don't blame you

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I think I know why I am so ticked off about it though. There were other people outside. There was a car driving by that saw the whole thing happen. Why on earth wouldn't you stop and see if the person is alright?

If someone screams "Oh My God!" wouldn't you see if there was something wrong?!

Sorry...just makes me angry that everyone around here seems to really not care what happens to another person.

7. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Holy Underware Batman!! [​IMG] You need to go outside armed with a bigger dog!

8. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    WOW that is unusual big time.
    Glad you are OK--deer can really hurt you....good thing he didn't put his head down and hit you with antlers.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Ok...since you're ok, I can [​IMG] at the visual in my head! Of all the things that could happen when I take my house dog out in the morning that is something I've never worried about happening!!

10. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    WOW! I'm so sorry. This really made me laugh, picturing you in PJs and the little dog defending your honor. You wrote it so well. But I can see how serious it could have been. It is so sad that no one bothered to check that your were okay or even came out to chat about the incident.

A huge buck almost rammed my car the other morning. I'm still not sure he even saw me, he was so into his hormones or something. It is the season of rut, and they have no common sense right now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by