Well, I bathed my silkie today...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by never_ending_fermata, Apr 24, 2008.

1. never_ending_fermata

never_ending_fermata Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    haha and actually she was REALLY good! she just sat there like "hmm...maybe i am enjoying this" haha. well i figured i'd post some pix. i love how her head is still a poof and the rest of her is wet. she's going to a show on sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    HAHA I love how she is looking at herself. Did she look at her back, then look up at you and go: [​IMG]

LOL

Cassandra

3. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Thats so funny! [​IMG] Are you showing her at the Sussex County show? Im going to show two of my calls. Hope you do well! [​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I see you've got a black silkie going to show....
    Mine has a few off-black/slightly brown-ish wing feathers...Is that bad???

I don't show mine...Roxy is my pet chick with attitude...just wondering about the non-too-black flight feathers.

"I Like my coffee like I like my chicks....Hot, Black, strong, and Bitter!"

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Blow drying makes them extra poofy! [​IMG]

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Yes, and it also keeps them from getting a chill, I would suggest ALWAYS blowdrying silkies after bathing.

Cute silkie, good luck on Sunday!

7. never_ending_fermata

never_ending_fermata Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    yeah i usually blowdry them but she was out in the sun and it was realllllyyyy nice today=] and yes I'm showing at the sussex county show, her, a brahma roo, and a belgian quail. I usually would show more but the roo's have been loving my hens too much. I bought her in october at a show with her sister but she has gold feathers on her neck so i can't show her. but i just couldn't seperate them so i ended up with both. cute little fuzzies hehe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by