Well, I came Home a United States Marine !

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Some may remember my post from back in June where I said my temporary good byes.

Well, Im back!
Bootcamp was bootcamp and its something ill never forget and something that no one else will understand unless they've been there. All ive done since ive been home is eat and sleep lol , the weather has been too nasty to do much outside.

But anywho. I did it. Im a United states Marine!

I came home to 8/10 ducks, one on a nest of 20+ eggs, two old dogs and a new pup the family got while I was gone, 3 beautiful geese, and one tempermental grumpy fat rabbit. ANd of course a very happy mother, proud father, and I dont even have a word to describe my little sister haha.

Not sure what else to say, I'll post pictures but no laughing!

Your post actually brought tears to my eyes! My father was a Marine and served in World War II. He was so proud of being a Marine - and I will always have a tender place in my heart for Marines. Congratulations on completing Boot Camp successfully!

I am so impressed that you would give your life for our country. GOD BLESS YOU, and watch over you! Thank you!
I'm so glad you're home! How long are you home for?

Here are before and after pics. If you think my tan lines were bad at prom you should see them now! haha, no V necks for me for a while. My farmers tan is pretty drastic.

2afiucw.jpg

24261p5.jpg

2nvr04y.jpg

hwl6as.jpg

149wg7m.jpg

Last edited:
Im only home for 2 weeks unfortunantly. Then it 29 days at MCT, 11 weeks at my Mos school in Maryland, and after that - I have no idea.

Welcome home Marine! I am proud of you, and glad you made it. Thanks for serving our country.

Now get off that couch, stop shoving cookies in your mouth, grab a water bottle and hit the gym! In 9....8...7....3..2....!!!

Gotta love that military math
lol.png
Really though- enjoy your time at home and hopefully you won't have to come back here to PI any time soon.

~Doc

Back
Top Bottom