Well, I can finially tell that my Scovies like me....too much.

chickboss

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
So, my 10 Muscovies have pretty much had a take or leave it attitude towards me this whole time. I mean, it took 3 weeks for them to get brave enough to take peas and lettuce from my hand, and even then, it was like "okay, thanks, now leave." No biggie, I don't mind ducks that want to just be ducks, I truly enjoy them any way.

So last night was their first night outside. They have their little house and for fencing we use the electric netting. It has worked great for about 36 other juvinille birds.

So I let them out this A.M. and they are happy to be out, peeping, eating grass ect. I watch them on and off through out the day and see them basicly only going back and forth between their house and the food/water area. Tonight, the kids and I are feeding the horses right across from them, and we noticed, and were happy, that the sovies seemed happy to see us, but then, they apparently are so happy to see us they start darting through the fence which is HOT!!! And I know this because I tested it on myself because I can't find the fence tester. So I am thinking something must be wrong with the fence, so after we round them all up, I once again grab the fence, yep, I'm that smart, because I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't think it was working, and yes, it packed a really decent punch. So I figured, they surely wouldn't do it again, so we started off, and again, they come right through the fence and start to follow us. The funny thing is, the one leading the charge is the cute little scovie who has been the most reclusive when it comes to people. So, I'm really touched, and flattered, becaue I got to see the second charge and it was obvious that it hurt, and obvious that it was us they were trying to follow. Made me kind of wish I had the room to let them back in the house. I ended up putting them in their outside house and hour earlier than I was going to, and now look forward to redoing the entire fence situation until they are older, but at least I now know they love us....
smile.png

LOL congrats on the ducky love!!!
I'm like you, I get so tickled when my ducks are happy to see me, or when they come running cause Mamma might have a treat in her hands LOL

Michelle

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I think with that charge through the fence they went from being my ducks to my babies pretty quick...Silly ducks...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom