Well, I did it! Chicks are ordered...way more then I can keep, lol.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Shellyb, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Shellyb

Shellyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    After much going back and forth I finally put in an order this morning with Meyers. 25 easter egger pullets, 3 white silkies, and 3 blue silkies. I had to sell of my flock per hubby in order to get new chicks that would lay me pretty colorful eggs. Then I decided I just have to have some silkies too! He doesn't want a new coop, but I have on being worked out as we speak with a friend anyway [​IMG] He "knew" that the silkies won't be in the big girl coop (hopefully) and he didn't say a word while listening to me order my chicks this morning. Hehehe. I ordered 25 EE's and plan to sell off the extras on craigslist as a way of re-cooping some money. I hope it works, otherwise I'm in BIG trouble with DH. I'd love to see your chicks/chickens of these breeds from Meyers. Thanks

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    When are they due? [​IMG]

3. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Yay!!!! Can't wait to see pix when they arrive!

4. Shellyb

Apr 25, 2009
    Hatch date is 9/20 so I have a few weeks to clean the coop, re-seed and re-grade the run (so they can eat in a weeks time, lol), get the brooder ready that'll be in the coop, and all that stuff. I wanted them earlier but that's when all three would be available. I'm just so happy I'll be getting the blue silkie chicks because the first time I called they said they weren't going to have any available at all so I almost went with Ideal which would have been fine, but they were just a tad bit more, not much though and I would have gotten a frizzle cochin from them (not available from meyers). My mom can't believe that these little chicks getting shipped all over the country and the majority do just fine. She thinks I'm nuts, but hey, I live in the country now, I got to have some chicks! Coop looks so lonely with no girls in it now....

5. JROOSTER

JROOSTER Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Louisiana
    What kind of chickens did you have before? What did you do with them? Soon you will be covered in lil peeps, it will look something like this.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. Shellyb

Apr 25, 2009
    Still waiting..............................urrggg, I keep looking at the posts with cute fuzzies and just want mine to be here already!!! So eggcited!!!

8. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Doing the chicken dance for all your little peeps!!! Hurry, babies!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by