Well i did it I ordered more chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BlueBirdChick, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    lol yep gave into the dark side once again hahaha. I ordered from Cackle Hatchery [​IMG] Yes they are starting to take orders for 2011 year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ordered 5 Austra white pullets : A cross between a Australorp Rooster and a White Leghorn Hen
    5 Salmon Faverolle Pullets
    5 Speckled Sussex Pullets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now gotta wait tell Feb to get here

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Addict. [​IMG]

3. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    hehehee [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. montanasandy

montanasandy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Quote:I ordered more today too. From mypetchicken.com I only wanted 6 more, so I ordered from them. I ordered 4 Austalorps and 2 more EE's to add to my flock! Can't wait. The 28th of Feb can't come soon enough! [​IMG]

5. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i ordered from MPC last year and was totally happy! but since i'm such an impatient addict, i ordered from Meyer this year cuz MPC wasn't ready to take orders when I was ready (LOL). anyway, i ordered 16 cuz i'm gonna split the order, but i'll just tell you the ones i'm gonna keep:

1 BJG
    1 SS
    3 EE (love em)
    1 RIR

i also ordered 2 Welsummers....but i may not keep them since i have 18 BCM eggs in the bator now (due next week). if i don't have a good hatch OR don't get 2 pullets outta it, then i'll keep the Wels.
    oh, and the AussieXLeghorn mix sounds neat!!!

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:I believe that is the pot calling the kettle black?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    I ordered from McMurray BEFORE I discovered hatching (My name is Shelly and I am a HATCHAHOLIC) .. my order is coming in Feb 6th.. there are only 3 breeds of chicken that I ordered that do not have hatching eggs on the auction already.. oohh well.. a lesson learned. On the up side.. I know they will be pullets..

Shelly

8. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I have been stalking the hatchery websites........... I am having a hard time refraining.
    I have 18 in the incubator now. Plus 17 chicks in brooders in the house (proberly until spring). I have no business even looking!!!!

9. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:I believe that is the pot calling the kettle black?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    hahahahahaa
    [​IMG]

10. montanasandy

montanasandy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Quote:I am glad you liked MPC. I was obsessed with checking their website and facebook page, then yesterday afternoon I clicked and YES!!! I could order LOL:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by