Well, I did it, I ordered the genesis

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tororider, May 2, 2008.

1. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Ordered it off ebay to save a couple bucks, and I didn't get the turner right now, I will hand turn until I decide the extra $40 is worth it. Not buying the turner now is more to cut costs and make sure my B-I-L and I are really going to do this long term. As soon as I get it I will get as many eggs as I can fit in the egg cartons in it and see how it goes. Wish me luck.

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    You'll love the Genesis. I have 2 and LOVE them.

To make turning easier, put all your eggs in an egg carton, pointy side down ( cut the top off the carton ). Place something like a lego block or piece of wood about an inch tall under one side of the carton ( long side ) so the eggs tilt. 3 times a day change the side the block is under. Instant turner! Saves hand turning each individual egg.

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    The genesis is great. I just have had mine for two days and love it. It is a hatcher right now. It takes very little time getting to the temp, only about two hours and mine only fluctuates according to my two therometers from 99.8-100.4 that's pretty darn accurate.

4. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Post an add on Craigs list that you are lookin for a turner for cheap. I just got a LG bator and turner for $30 on my Craigs list....Good Luck

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm just finishing up my first hatch from my new Genesis. Because I had to do staggered hatches I did end up hatching in my old GQF, but so far I'm having the most awesome hatch ever, and I'm 100% attributing it to the Genesis. That thing held temps so steady!!

Last I counted I had 21 fluffy bantam Polish chicks running around in there. Plus a few Ameraucanas and a couple of Marans... [​IMG]

6. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    Even if you hand turn you will be a lot better off with the Genesis. Mine will rebound the temp and humidity in just a few minutes after having it completely open. Because the heating element is coiled around the fan it heats up air very quickly and evenly.

Richard

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Who did you order from??

8. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Guibitosa I think.

9. coffeemama