Well, I did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, Feb 19, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have some of my newest eggs (yesterday and today) sitting in a carton, big end up. I am just staring at them. I have baby chicks...about a week old...right now. I want to set these eggs so bad!!! I know I shouldn't!!!! I would have pure BLRW, EE (standard hen bantam roo....how sweet is that), BTWJ hen w/ bantam EE roo, and some unknown type hen w/BLRW roo. I am trying really hard to talk myself out of this and it isn't working very well. We could eat these eggs......really we could. HELLLLLLPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

ok, ill help you out.......

slowly take out the bator.....place the cute little eggys in and step away!

Stop resisting.........sheesh!

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    The bator is already out, sitting in my bedroom floor......right where I sit it to hatch. [​IMG] We can all see where this is going, right? I think I will gather at least one more day of eggs....as soon as those BLRW hatch my mother is going to practically demand some (she has fallen in love with mine) so I want plenty. [​IMG] What am I saying "as soon as they hatch"....it sounds like this is a hopeless situation!!!!

4. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

you and i both know it was hopeless as soon as you began to write this post. you were looking for someone to support your need for little fluffy butts! i feel your need, im the same way! so to you i say..........

ba-tor
    ba-tor
    ba-tor

go for it and good luck, it will be fun (as you already know)

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks for the "help"!!! LOL *SIGH* I will stop resisting now......as you said, I already KNEW. Earlier I showed my kids the carton of eggs and said "What do you guys think" I didn't even have to say what...they started screaming "OH YEAH, hatch 'em MOM!!!!!!!" LOL

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

lol, awww, sounds like good kids. I love seeing kids that know there parents well enough to know what they want without saying it. Im sure you would make a good home for more baby chookies
    BTW, i used to live in Warren AR, is that close to you?

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have heard of Warren but not sure where it is. I am really close to Harrison which is right on the Arkansas/Missouri border so I am WAY North.

These children have turned into complete chicken freaks!!!! I can't even imagine where they got that!!! And oh yeah, any babies that come to our home are going to be hopelessly spoiled. [​IMG] We [​IMG] our chickies!!!

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Of course you should... can't let that incubator sit empty... it would be lonely [​IMG]

I had to put mine in storage so I wouldnt set eggs [​IMG] Gonna pull it out again
    soon.

Nancy

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    As soon as Winter hit I put mine away. It has been quite painful, really. LOL I am really ready to fire the old thing up again. I have a couple of people wanting me to hatch some eggs for them soon...I REALLY need to test it and make sure it is in working order before I try to hatch for someone else, anyway. [​IMG]

10. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Good for you, already coming up with a perfectly reasonable rationalization and all that. [​IMG] I'm always testing my eggs with the firm intention of tossing them out once I've confirmed fertility, only to "forget" that I was only meaning to test.

Unfortunately there will come a time when you will have to tell yourself no. Prepare yourself for that day, because I can tell you it is HARD. There is nothing more physically draining than ignoring the call of the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by