Well, I did it

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by lorihadams, Sep 21, 2009.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I took the plunge. Meyers had a special of 30 broilers for 36.90 and free shipping. My birds will be here in 2 days.

My husband is going to kill me cause we agreed on 15, but who can pass up free shipping??? [​IMG]

2. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Mine should be here tomorrow. That is as cheap as 15 birds every where else I looked.

3. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Me too [​IMG] I should get mine from meyer wed or thurs.

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

ARGH I want chicks so bad... have 20 weekers in the outer coop, 8 weekers in the inner coop, and an empty bator/brooder... DH says NO, in that tone that brooks no disobedience [​IMG]

5. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    [​IMG] I feel your pain Sparkles. I haven't got the NO lately but the eyeball rolls and huffs seem to be a common occurrence around here.
    Nancy

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

He has no idea how well behaved I am. Tries to make me sound like the willful wife, because I dont fold his socks lol. If only he knew what COULD be going on... (insert image of chicks nesting in his sock drawer here)

7. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    Yeah, what a great deal!

Don't worry too much. It's not that big of a plunge, and then they're gone in a few weeks. Just make sure that you keep plenty of feed. The last couple weeks they can eat about 1/2 pound per chicken per day. With 30, a 50 lb bag will only last 3-4 days.

With my 147 Colored Rangers, I'm going through about 75 lbs of feed per day. Maybe even more now. I just mixed 800 lbs and I only expect it to last about 10 days. It's crazy. [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My meaties come on the 23rd!!!

eeeeeeek.... I got 30 too... cuz my freezer was lonely.

9. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    Does anyone feed their meaties anything other than starter and grower/finisher? What about scratch grains or cracked corn???

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I never have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by