well i ended up busting out the last little guy

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
he pipped and didnt do anything for 36 hours, so i decided he would probably die in the shell if i left him, so i decided to help. after much tears, and shaking and an hour later, i had a very tired little chickie out of the shell. i thought i killed him because he bled just a little, but this morning he was fluffed up and running around like a champ. i think he was too big for his shell, once i freed a little room for his feet he kicked out in my hand. so for my first hatch, that makes 100% i guess, and i am proud of myself for helping him out!

I'm glad your traumatic experience was successful in saving a little life!
love.gif
clap.gif

Glad that worked out for you, I have had the experience with guineas hatching, and helped them out of the shell, only to have it die a couple of days later.

well, i think it qualifies for 100%??? you dont count the ones you threw out, do you? i threw out three at day 8, 2 blood rings, one not fertile. i can't believe they did so well my first try, i thought there was no way i would get it completely right. and to confess, i really didnt pay THAT much attention to the bator. kept the temp pretty steady, and i tried to dry method- i kept humidity around 30-35%. oh and my eggs were refridgerated too?
hu.gif
i think it could have been beginners luck, considering i have a still air.

and there are pics in my first post... its titled something like, "i did it right!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom