Well..I get a knock on my door this morning....and.......

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Struttn1, May 14, 2010.

1. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    it was my neighbor down the road who told me had received a carton from Ideal this morning containing 3 bronze hen and 1 bronze tom poults and 11 chicks. He said they were sent by his son for his birthday but he said he did not want them nor did he have a place to keep them and wanted to know if I would take them. I told him that I did not need them but would take them until I found a home for them. Well that did not take long. Never even had to remove them from the carton. I called the wife's uncle and he was all over them. I just wish they had been Black Spanish. [​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I want to know how he is gonna explain to this boy that he hated his present.... [​IMG]

Glad your Uncle got a deal though!

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Quote:yeah, that's what I want to know....The son obviously paid a good deal of $ for them...sounds like a soap opera in the making if you ask me.

4. turkaholic

turkaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2010
    Maryland
    Sending someone poultry as a gift, not knowing if they really want them or can take care of them is just plain stupid! Sort of like buying a puppy for someone that doesn't have or want a dog and saying "Here ya go, have a puppy"! Rule one: NEVER give an animal as a gift unless the recipient absolutely WANTS that animal, bird, dog, cat etc. Otherwise the only outcome will be disapointment.[​IMG]

5. Foleys

Foleys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    I agree

Quote:

6. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    My dad's "stupid" sister used to bring chickens to mom's house (after dad died) 'cause they would "keep her company". She had no coop, no fencing, and no way to take care of them so the critters got them after a few days. Some people don't have the sense God gave a goose. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by