12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
I recieved I think 19-20 chicks.....

7 were DOA
3 were slowly going
8 are healthy
1 is on STEROIDS

I tryed to act all shocked when I reached in and felt the giant chick but I remembered the PM from the breeder that she sent along an EE chick too. So I now have I think 8-9 happy healthy coturnix chicks and 1 EXTREMELY healthy EE. I wish the other chicks would have made it....the ones I really wanted color wise were the ones that didn't make it...which is always the pits. But I'm very happy with the chicks that did make it!

big_smile.png

**UPDATE** Another chick died....all the rest seem to be okay....this first 24 hours will be the telling time.
Here are some pics of the lil ones and the GIANT lol.
tongue.png

DSC02987.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

DSC02990.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Mrs...I read about your batch. That is why it is soo risky to ship day-old quail. These were 4 dayolds....and even that didn't really help them. I think quail are better shipped started like weekolds or grown. Just tooo small as babys. The Easter Egger chick was the healthiest of them all....lol she was thrilled to go into the brooder. I will get some pics later.
smile.png

Out of the ones that did make it..the colors include...

2 Goldens
2 Browns
4 Texas A&Ms...one looks iffy

And the GIANT BLACK EE...lol been awhile since I have had chicken chicks....epsecially in with quail. She looks sooo much bigger lol.
big_smile.png

Oh she does.....if I can remember my camera when I go down later I will get some pics. Normally I would not keep the EE with the quail....but seeing as how I don't have any other chicken chicks right now...shes staying with her mini buds.
big_smile.png

I'd keep that EE with teh quail chicks too. Mine do perfectly fine together. Right now I have 3 Ameraucanas, serama, 2 marans x orpington mixes and a ton of quails together in a big brooder.
smile.png
They all get along great all diff ages too
smile.png

never could believe how fast they grew.... would look at em in the morning when i came home from school they have pin feathers... then the next day flight feathers lol

Back
Top Bottom