Well I made it back...been a busy girl!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kelly41, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Kelly41

Kelly41 New Egg

Nov 15, 2009
    Aragon, Ga
    Hi everyone! I am pleased to announce I am so busy with chicks and eggs and summer that I haven't been online much, but I wanted to stop in and formally introduce myself, again, since I had registered a couple of years ago and wasnt on much then.

I am Kelly Corley and I live in NW Georgia. I have been raising chickens for 10 years now. I started with layers and soon found out how many wonderful breeds there were out there and for many years had many different breeds. I have been showing for six full years now and narrowed my show stock down to bearded silver laced polish, bearded buff laced polish and standard black, blue and splash cochins. I also raise Appenzellar Spitzhaubens. I have a few others I fool around with for all bantam shows. I have bantam barred rocks and rhode island reds, a few seramas and brown red modern bantams.

I have recently been handed the torch to carry on Standard Exhibition Cochins by Beth and Jerry Smith. They have decided to not hatch and sell anymore and have passed this honor to me. Some of you may or many not know who I am speaking of, most probably do. They are the people to go to for great show quality cochins in the Southeast. My stock originates from theirs from six years back and I have recently hatched blues and splash along with more blacks straight from their flock. None of these are for sale as I must build my stock for later sales. I am however going to be collecting eggs from Beth regularly to hatch and sell from. If you are interested in hatching eggs from me or would like to buy chicks locally from me please call me on my cell and lets talk soon! I don't check my email often but I do Facebook regularly so please visit my official cochin page on Facebook at KC Cochins or you can look me up personally under Kelly Lindsey Corley.

I am so honored and feel very priviledged to carry on this magnificent breed and the line it comes from.

I have worked hard for six long years to prove worthy of such an honor and have won many awards on my own merit to show Beth and Jerry I was serious about cochins. I have finally arrived and my goals are reached and I couldn't be happier. I still love to show and win with my polish but my first duty is to the cochin line now.

I hope during the hotter months I can come back more often and read more threads and get to know many of y'all. Thanks for welcoming me with such open wings [​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Glad to see you back! I looked up KC Cochins on facebook and those are some lovely birds!

3. Kelly41

Kelly41 New Egg

Nov 15, 2009
    Aragon, Ga
    Thank you so much! [​IMG]

4. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Hello [​IMG] & [​IMG] from oklahoma!

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Glad to see you back posting again. [​IMG]

8. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Welcome back to BYC from Georgia here!! I might just have to pay you a visit to see these magnificent birds.... I am in White [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] back from Alabama.

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    KELLY! I didn't know you were here! I goggled buff laced polish because I wanted MORE LOL to mix with yours and this is the post I ran into!

It's Carrie from WI BTW LOL I have your five beauties in my brooder right now that I hatched out from you eggs [​IMG] Now I am FOR SURE interested in the cochins. WOW you have Jerry's line?? [​IMG] That is quite an honor. That must of just happened not long ago huh? I just talked with you on FB not long ago LOL
    SO glad your here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by