Well, I ordered my replacement chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I went ahead and ordered the chicks to replace the ones the dog killed.
    I ordered from Cackle again
    This time I ordered:
    5 Auracanas (pullets)
    2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
    2 Black Jersey Giants
    and the Happy Cackle Special which has
    10 Brown egg layters + 1 roo same breed
    2 ducks
    2 geese
    2 turkeys
    10 assorted rare breed chicks

Last time I had extra ducks instead of geese, but this time I will get the geese
    oh yeah, and there's this:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=50389

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very nice assortment! I love cackle. They always send such a nice variety of birds, and I've never had any die from shipping!

I recently ordered a Surprise special from cackle. I ordered it to come in two weeks, but who knows! I just know I am very excited!

3. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I told them I wanted them on the 12th or as soon after as possible. I'm still waiting for confirmation of the shipping date.
    [​IMG]

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, that's the same date I ordered mine for. However, my one friend put ASAP on her order form a few weeks ago and JUST got confirmation that they would be sending them next week.

5. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Yeah, they have to wait until they have all the kinds that you order hatching at the same time. That's why I ended up with extra ducks last time. They said either I would have to wait till April to get them or they could substitute extra ducks.
    So I'll end up with 8 ducks when these come in! I hope they are a different breed than the ones I have already.
    I am thinking seriously of rigging a pool with a fountain that sucks up out of the creek and spills out back into the creek.
    I was going to let them go in the creek, but when it rains, sometimes the creek rises really fast and the banks are really steep. Besides, this way, I can enclose the pool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by