Well......... I took the plunge!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Padre, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Padre

Padre Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I ordered my first batch of chicks today. I will be getting 25 Pearl White Leghorn Pullets and 3 Roo's. I am getting them from McMurray and they will be here the week of Feb /2/09. I am excited to see the little ones. I am just not sure how my other two "Kids" will feel when they arrive.

2. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    Welcome!!!

and the fun begins.........and you couldn't be at a better place to have it! I have gotten more info from BYC than I could have imagined. My theory was buy chicks first; ask questions later! You may be doing it a little more intelligently!

Orchidchick

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Now you will be chicken addicts like the rest of us.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG]

CONGRATS on the babies coming [​IMG]

Before you know it you will hatching them youself and unable to stop !!!! [​IMG]

5. MissJames

MissJames Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Coastal SC
    Quote:My first chicks are nine weeks old now.It doesn't take long to get hooked.
    Some unasked for advice:
    Keep the dogs far,far away.I have lost 3 to my super sweet,loving,spoiled dogs.It could have been much worse.
    Don't give any away! I thought I only wanted a roo and a few hens so I gave 2 neighbors the bulk of my 26 chicks.I wish I had them all back! We are building a coop to accomidate 2 seperate breeds or to seperate the roos and I want more ,more,more!
    Take lot's of pictures.They grow up too fast!
    And enjoy them .They are a treat.
    BUILD A BIGGER BROODER.They get really big really fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by