Well I'm excited! Just sharing...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Totes Quackers, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    [​IMG]
    So way back at the start of January I bought my very first chickens, 6 little girls, all different colours and sizes.. Our first girl layed her first egg on Good Friday and we slowly started getting more eggs as the weeks went by until today.. we got 6 eggs from our 6 chooks.. [​IMG] Yeh it's not that exciting but to me it is!! [​IMG]

2. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    [​IMG] Congratulations!

Eggs are always exciting to get! I never get tired of opening the nest boxes every day and seeing how many eggs there are! Now you're hooked!

3. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I think it is very eggciting. [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG]

5. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I bet you've been trying to guess which egg came from which hen! I used to love doing that [​IMG]
    My girls have just completely stopped laying a few months ago. I really miss the daily egg collection! I just got some new pullets yesterday to take over laying duties so should be getting some eggies in a month or so YIPEEEEE!![​IMG]

7. Marshchick

Marshchick Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Marshfield, MA
    That's eggspecially exciting to get one from each! I can't wait until ours start laying. Congratulations!

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Just goes to show you who you're dealing with here - because that IS exciting news!! [​IMG] Comes in 2nd to that first egg excitement though. I remember after all mine started laying, I'd track their eggs...lol. I actually listed each hen in spreadsheet form [​IMG] How geeky is that??? It only lasted about a month. I was like an old miser counting his gold coins...hehee...

9. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Congratulations!!! It makes me jealous can't wait until mine starts laying!!!! [​IMG]

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    The closest I ever got was 23/24 and I was tickeled!
    100% is fantastic!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by