1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well..... I'm not exactly new......

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jetblack2004, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    Hello BYC!

I've actually been here for over a year but I've just found out about the sample question template!!
    Also, my first post was about trying to save a weak duckling I had, so I've never properly introduced myself!

Here goes:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I'm not very new to chickens. I got my flock in January last year, but my mother kept chickens before that.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Eight.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    Rhode Island Reds. I want to get some Silver-laced Wyandottes this year though.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I'm not actually sure when. I'd been looking around for a while before I actually joined.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I like gardening, photography, cooking and baking, farming and keeping chickens!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I live on a farm in East Sussex. I have a cat called Smudge (who I adore). I sorta guess my occupation is selling chickens!

[​IMG]

2. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Oh, you will like Wyandottes! Let me help you with chicken math... just do it! Get some! [​IMG]
    I also like gardening and photography... and baking and cooking too although I don't do those things hardly as much as I really should. LOL
    Nice intro! I don't think I found that template when I joined. I don't know, can't remember.

3. Jetblack2004

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    Thanks for the advice. I love the Silver-laced Wyandottes because they are SO PRETTY!!!!

-Jet

4. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Yes, the are gorgeous birds! I find that mine are quite friendly and in my harsh winter they were the best layers all winter long (with some supplemental light) and handled the punches nature tossed at them with ease. I also had Australorps and Easter Eggers laying at the time. As I cut back the light, the SLW were the gals the just kept going and didn't molt or even seem to notice. The Australorps quit laying, the Easter Eggers quit laying and molted. I get almost an egg a day from each of my SLW. Every few days they will skip a day.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. We have many, many members from the UK.

6. Jetblack2004

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    Thank you :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by