Well...I'm taking the leap!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hobbley_Farm, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I've managed to find a guy close by who's going to sell me a dozen eggs fertile for 3$ They are Game over RIR. I imagine they'll be nice looking. My silly hens have just REFUSED to lay. I think I got one from my Barred Rock two days ago [​IMG] So I want to put more than just a 'few' in the bator and see what happens. I also am going to put the auto turn back in and see if it helps [​IMG] But I'm SOOO excited. Now if I can talk the lady down the street into giving me a couple of guinea eggs...if she can find them...hmmmm

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Cool good luck

I have games and rhode island reds that should make a cool cross. Do you know what kind of games they are?

btw - if you want any hatching eggs later this year i could sell you some eggs pretty cheap if you want to pick them up. the breeds i have are on my website.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
  3. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    oh fantastic! Yeah, my BIL lives in Guilford. That would be pretty cool. But hopefully my girls will start laying soon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by