Well it finally happened today...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CowgirlPenny, Apr 7, 2011.

1. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    I had a chick bust out of teenage chick boarding school,lol. They ate most of the grass away at their door and created a small gap under it. She slipped under and immediately my rooster (who is separated) began to sqwak and flap like a mad man. So, I went out to see what was happening and I saw my sweet little 7 week old Production Red panicking and peeping like crazy trying to get back into the coop/run. LOL I called for her to come to me as I walked up and she did (they all come to 'Baby Chicks!!!') I scooped her up and returned her to her very worried sisters. I think our rooster Big Red just earned his place here for alerting me. lol

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Good roo! [​IMG]

3. ChicknLittleLexi

ChicknLittleLexi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Sonora, CA
    Aw, go Big Red! I can't wait to have some property where we are ALLOWED to have roosters, I'd love to have a watch chicken [​IMG]

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    WAY TO GO BIG Red! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    She was so scared. It was sad,lol. She was running the whole length of the run back and forward trying to find a way back in. His run is separated by a 5-7ft. space and he ran as close as he could get, and then HE was panicked like he knew she wasn't supposed to be out. We slipped a shim under the door and screwed it in, so there will be no more escaping.....I hope. LOL

I'm not sure if we are allowed to have roosters or not, but EVERYONE does (we live in farm land boonies,lol) and thankfully our rooster has a pretty pathetic crow so we barely even notice him. The closest property to us (which is about 5 acres away) has 13 hunting dogs. THEY are more annoying than my one rooster. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by