Well it might be the end!drama added grrrrrrrrpost 11

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dntd, May 26, 2010.

1. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Two houses down the people are real winners, we have 10 chickens 4 bantoms 6 fullsize. My rooster apparently is annoying the nieghbor so much that they feel they need to get a lawyer. He barely makes noise, he's in the house until 11 and outside until 7. Barely crows. This lady has also called the cops due to use yelling, once because I called the kids home another tine because I yelled at my son to get out of the house,no joke! Now the by law officer came and took pictures of our day run and claimed it wasn't allowed, animals are not allowed to reside in the house but I was even outside with them when he came, it isnt escape proof or preditor proof, no 3 walled stucture just a shelther inside with a roor and chicken wire on it just incase I had to leave for any reason. grrr I hate nieghbors!

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I would talk with the people who came out and find out what you need to do to be legal make the corrections and leave the rooster out side and go from there don't give up with out a fight.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good luck...
    I'd SSS those neighbors.... [​IMG]

4. dntd

Dec 4, 2009
    Rooster is rehomed, cute little boogar... if they try with my large ones the are going to be butchard infront of them( ok no but it sounds like revenge). I can't free range the hens until my fence gets put in, the run is staying!!!!!!!! Hopefull the fine isn't huge.

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    You have a law that says animals can't live in the house???? That's weird. Was your rooster against local ordinance/zoning?? I just found out that one of our neighbors doesn't like our roosters either. But like 3 neighbors have them and the noise from livestock is allowed - chickens/poultry is considered livestock here where I live; so the neighbor can't really do anything about it. Thankfully. Though honestly, I am not super attached to my roosters - with the exception of my d'Uccle roo. Him I love. I'm sorry you have to go through this, that is no fun at all.

6. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG]
    rat neighbors, seems like there's one in every bunch. I personally follow the school of thought that I don't call authorities until someone is getting(or about to) hurt or someone truly needs help, not just because I don't like what they're doing.

when we moved in this house we already knew our next door neighbors(our friends parents) and they knew we like to have company. dinner parties, holidays, etc. nothing crazy but we have a good time. well rather than "welcome to the neighborhood" they said "the FIRST time it gets loud over there I'm calling the cops!"
    so I told them "ok, and when they get here I'll be sure and have them stop by your house on the way out." (they're animal hoarders and are very illegal) I wasn't rude, just assertive. It was all smiles after that, we've gotten along great ever since.
    [​IMG]

now if someone complains about my chickens, it's on like donkey kong! [​IMG]

7. Tinted

Tinted Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    Kentucky
    I deal with my neighbors leaving their super powerful high wattage back light shining in my window all night long, not to mention the creatures that crawl out of there “lawn” (more like a jungle) that if they ever complain about the geese, I second the phrase that “It’s on like Donkey Kong!”

8. dntd

Dec 4, 2009
    My by law states animnals can't reside outside, not that they can't go outside in an safe area. I think this time I'll allow them to fight me in court, last time I agreed to bring in my rabbit hutch. I want them to define reside because I spend alot of time outside but I reside in the house, I will take it to the papers!

9. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I had a sheriff on my steps this morning saying that a neighbor complained that our chickens were loose and running all over town. [​IMG] I had a horrible night's sleep last night and I slept in, so my mother and daughter answered the door. The sheriff apparently looked around and asked "DO you have chickens?" My mom said yes, we do. That's their fenced in area there. He explained the complaint and she apologized because we have EE teenagers that are still small enough to walk through my fencing, so they walk through it and forage in the grass outside the chicken yard. They don't leave my property, but apparently they are running ALL over town. [​IMG] He just said, oh, ok, it's not that big of a deal, just try to keep them in your yard. So today my mom went out with the kids to take care of the birds and she kept all the babies locked up inside the coop and let the adults out. Babies aren't happy but there really isn't much else I can do to keep them from escaping, short of electrifying the fence, and we don't have the money for that right now. It's the poultry netting from Premier. I have 8 standard EE's and 3 bantam Cochins, all are just over 8 weeks old. They still have a lot of growing to do. Plus I have another batch getting ready to be blended in with the flock, and there's close to 30 of them! Some neighbors just need a real good [​IMG] For me it's the shrew that lives directly across the street from my house. I think she's angry that we had the new chicken coop installed closer to the house, and therefore closer to HER house. And it has 9 active, crowing roosters in it!!! Poo on her, we're rural. [​IMG]

10. dntd

Dec 4, 2009
    I have a feeling that the by-law guy is going to use the picture against me some how! I did get rid of the duckings, I can fight that charge as the person who bought them ( we shared an order) has taken them, she lives hours away and came to pick up the chicks her DD was holding for her. I can't afford any fines!

Definitions I want the city officals, not the by law officer to consider: presistant noise, is a few rooster calls a day considered persistent, my roo wasn't a loud mouth: : existing for a long or longer than usual time or continuously: as a : retained beyond the usual period <a persistent leaf>

reside:to be in residence as the incumbent of a benefice or office b : to dwell permanently or continuously : occupy a place as one's legal domicile

Last edited: May 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by