Well, it's right around the corner, and I'm NOT happy about it...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wynette, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

3. that pic with the prints in the snow is cool. [​IMG] Least, I like it. How do your girls like the snow?

4. danamillette

danamillette Songster

Jul 16, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    I hear ya Wynnette! I didnt get a pic taken, but we had 3 inches here. What do you have covering your coop/run?

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Love the little chicken tracks in the snow. I really look forward to a storm or two this year. We didn't have any rain last year to speak of and I REALLY hope for a snowstorm.

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    My girls actually like the snow, so long as it's not super windy, or negative numbers for temp.

I have regular (wire) chicken wire over the top of the run. It's good, in that it has done an excellent job keeping airborn predators out. However, the snow really weighs it down, and I have to go in with a big barn broom and sort of push it up & down quickly to get the snow to fall through when it snows heavy & wet. I only have to typically do that a couple times through winter, though. That day was really eery, because it was bright outside the run, but dark inside, due to all the snow on the "roof."

7. Heidi

Heidi Songster

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :eek: I don't even want to think about doing chicken chores during the winter.

8. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Even in that fancy new barn? Sheesh! I think I'd be LIVING out there if I had it! [​IMG]

9. derby

derby Songster

Apr 18, 2008
    Boonsboro, MD
    Well, it is pretty -- when it's at your house (and not mine)!

Derby

10. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm with ya, Derby!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: