Well I've offically been bitten by the chicken bug!

gvntofly05

Songster
10 Years
Sep 21, 2009
IN
I just sat down and made a list of what chicks I'm going to get in the spring! To add to my 25 EE's (that are only 3 1/2 weeks old!)

I live in Northern Indiana and I want some good layers so I have decided I am going to get:

2 Delawares
2 RIR's
2 Welsummers
2 Sussex
and maybe a couple New Hampshire Reds and BO's!

Come spring I'm not even going to tell my wonderful husband that I'm going to add these extras to our order of X-Rocks! Maybe I'll be able to get him to believe the "extras" are packing peanuts!

Maybe I'll be able to get him to believe the "extras" are packing peanuts!

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I am trying my hardest to convince hubby we NEED a silkie and some bantam chicks since they take up less room.
wink.png
cool.png

Our last 2 that we added (the sebright and the young cochin), the kids and I just put in with the other 4 and it took him 2 days to notice. To which we just said, "wow - where did THOSE come from?!?!""

Lucky for me I have a wonderfully tolerant hubby with a great sense of humor ;-)
Kathleen

I think my hardest hurdle to cross is going to be getting my hubby to build me another coop! or at least add on! He already thinks I am nuts for wanting to get a 10x10 dog kennel so I can get a breeding pair of Cayugas! My reasoning is we have two young children who are going to be in 4H.

Hubby has his Rhinelander rabbits so I have my chickens and hopefully soon a couple of ducks too!

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I am trying my hardest to convince hubby we NEED a silkie and some bantam chicks since they take up less room.
wink.png
cool.png

gig.gif
let me know if it works! Sounds like something I would do.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom