Well, I've really done it this time....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Have you ever wondered what causes you to do stupid things sometimes?

[​IMG]

It all started with an innocent trip to the grocery store. That innocent trip to the grocery store turned into a $65 vet bill. Yip, you guessed it- I drug home a stray. I found a gray and white tabby cat in the parking lot, poor thing was rail thin and covered in fleas. So, I ran inside and picked up a can of food and caught the thing. Pretty nice cat, actually. He tolerated the ride to the vet pretty good. They're going to give him his shots and a flea dip, and I'll pick him up later this afternoon. They guessed him at right around 4 months old. So now Diesel and Wild One have a brother, and I have an outdoor cat to keep the mice away. I guess things all work out in the end, I knew there was a reason I worked overtime last week. [​IMG]

By the way, his name is Fareway, because that's the name of the store I was at. Oh yea, and I didn't get my groceries.... But then, I have to go back in town later anyhow now. Stupid, stupid me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I didn't think there was anyone as bad as me, but I see there is! 3 cats, 2 dogs.... and that's only the current gang. Many, many more in past years.

Good for you! [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! Yur a good doobie... [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    IRM, "resistance is futile". Congrats on your new friend.

5. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:x2.

You can not resist the cuteness that is cat.
    Just wait until the day you see a cute little horse walking down the high way. [​IMG] hehehehee... Where's a evil grin, rubbing hands together in a maniacal manner smiley? I could really use one right about now.

6. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    You are doing a wonderfull thing. For the cat and you. [​IMG]

7. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:x2.

You can not resist the cuteness that is cat.
    Just wait until the day you see a cute little horse walking down the high way. [​IMG] hehehehee... Where's a evil grin, rubbing hands together in a maniacal manner smiley? I could really use one right about now.

Hahaha! Ask Boyd about tha one. I stood out in the lightning storm once talking to him on the phone waiting for my deputy sheriff friend to come help me find this horse's owners. I just found it in the midle of the gravel road, and for some reason they thought it would be a bad idea for me to knock on doors by myself in the middle of the night. Hmm... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I can relate! One morning several weeks ago DH opened the door to find a dog literally on the top step. We live way back in the woods away from neighbors. Anyway, after paying for spaying and shots, she seems to be our 7th dog!

9. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Oh, Irm! I think I found a perfect smiley:

[​IMG]

Oh darn... The whole horse walking down the high way thing doesn't work?
    Hm... Well, and you didn't keep it? [​IMG] *Sigh* I suppose that could be for the best...

MaggieRae, did you see a lost horse late last night?

Horse, what horse? I don't know what you're talking about. That horse in that pasture, oh, he's been there for years...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by