Well last night was HORRIBLE if you lived in AR

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hooligan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    We had a huge storm here last night and 5 of our windows were knocked out bc of hail, as well as the front windshield of my bfs car...and both of our cars look like wiffle balls bc of all the dents.
    All the animals are fine, so I can't be too upset [​IMG]

Our neighbors lost 7 windows, the back glass of their car is completely gone and their truck window is shattered...so it could have been worse.

Anyone else in AR get some bad weather?

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    My folks live in Texarkana and they had a bad storm. No damage. We're getting one now in Kansas City. Be careful.

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Wow Hooligan, I guess I'll quit whining about the few inches of snow we got today. Glad everyone was okay..

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

That very storm is supposed to come through Indiana tonight...AFTER Midnight! Figures! I hate storms... [​IMG]

5. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Well if youa re going to get hail cover your cars and hope for the best!
    Our hail ranged from penny to tennis ball sized.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sorry, Hooligan. I have been watching the storms on TV. Thank goodness you're alright. I've seen a hail damaged car, and it's not a pretty site, esp. when you see how much damage a hail stone can do. I'll be thinking about you.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    We got pounded all night and it started again HARD when I was driving the kids to school. Couldn't see the road at all. No hail. 3 schools closed because of flooding this morning (not mine). The road to my house (dirt) has a major ditch up the middle. Here is the strange part. There is a church I drive by every day that is now missing. Well, on the ground anyway. No trees down, nothing else damaged. I have no clue if it was because of the storm or not, but it is flat. We just can't handle any more rain. Everything is completely flooded. The ponds cover the roads and all the ditches are rivers.

8. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    We dodged it this time. We got it last week. But still having problems with flooding. Last week's hit a car dealership and every car had the windshields broken out.

They were just saying on the new that since the first of the year most places have gotten over 30 inches of rain!

jackie

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    We're supposed to be getting some bad storms here shortly. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hooligan,
    I just mentioned to my SO that I hoped everything was alrigbht with y'all. We have had some bad storms, but no damage; other than some trees. We snuck Charlie outside for a bathroom break last night between storms and guess what we found? Kitty sitting on the peak of the roof! I think she's borrowing lives from other cats at this point! [​IMG]
    I sent you a PM thru the forum. The chicks are due tomorrow. I was picturing them arriving this morning, a day early, right in the middle of the storms. Thank goodness they didn't.
    Get back with me okay? We need to make final arrangements. If necessary, I can keep your chicks a little longer.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by