1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well my duck LOVES chicken....(and not in a romantic way)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, Jun 24, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    I made chicken salad sandwiches for dinner last night. DOnald came up wanting a taste....so I thought about it...and gave him a bite. He LOVED it, and frantically wanted more! So I have him his own bowl of chicken salad (mostly chicken and mayo).

Is this bad? LOL. It just makes me think of the soilent green "its people, its people!!!". haha.

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Lol Mine love chicken to and cooked chicken is safe for them to eat but i dont think the mayo is becuase of all the fat in it.

3. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I Love the subject title in this thread [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Hey....my CHICKENS love chicken!! Fried, baked, broiled, BBQ'd, etc, etc

5. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    Quote:Well I use fat free mayo, so its all good!!

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I'm not sure about Mayo, but I've heard of ducks eating chicken. They are omnivorous and in the wild, they can potentially eat baby chicks and other small animals. So, it makes sense to me.

7. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    i had no idea ducks were naturally omnivorous! I mean other then worms and stuff. They dont quite seem the preditor type....

8. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Well I use fat free mayo, so its all good!!

Well that takes care of that problem lol. Might have to try that for mine later

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:I've never had a problem with them eating the killdeer or quail chicks, but I have heard of them eating other baby birds, mice, frogs, etc. I think it's more of an opportunist type of thing. I don't think they go out and stalk things like a hawk, but if they are hungry and a mouse goes by, they might chase after it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by