Well...my guineas learned how to fly!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by sred98, Jan 3, 2010.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Turns out they don't care for the snow, so they fly everywhere now. One of the young ones was even up on the roof! [​IMG] Of course it was the lavender, so it will be a great target for the hawk! Crazy goonie bird!

Anyway, just had to share. I think it's hilarious. Especially if one lands on the opposite side of the fence than the rest, because you obviously can't fly over the fence to get to the other side. The only thing to do is run back and forth screaming your head off, while the ones on the other side are screaming their head off! What makes it even better is when the ones fly up on the fence to scream encouragement (?) while the one still runs back and forth trying to find the magic door to get to the other side!

I [​IMG] my guineas! They have made the winter so fun!

Shelly

2. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    [​IMG] Guineas are hysterical!

Just had to carry all my Polish chickens down to the ground from my second-story deck, 'cuz after you fly up, you OBVIOUSLY can't fly back down. [​IMG]

3. kman

kman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    hattiesburg,MS
    they are funny to watch huh, i never have figured out why they dont just fly over to, my dog normal gets tired of the screaming and goes over and scares the other one so it will fly over

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    AREN'T THEY FUNNY WHEN THEY FIRST LEARN THEY HAVE WINGS?? MINE HAVE ALWAYS SEEMED A BIT SURPRISED BY IT WHEN THEY FIRST TAKE OFF. IT TAKES THEM A BIT LONGER TO FIGURE OUT THE LANDINGS THOUGH [​IMG]

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, they are hilarious. It's the younger ones that started it. Only one ended up on the roof, though. I'm glad they didn't all start that. I'd be too worried about hawks or eagles getting them. [​IMG] I just wonder why they forget they can fly when they are in danger??? Crazy goonie birds!! [​IMG]

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by