Well... my "urban farm" got busted.. Meeting tonight!

FarmerChad

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
The girls had only been outside for 2 whole nights, then the city police stopped by (last Friday).They informed me that I was not allowed to have chickens in the city. Handed me a copy of the ordinance. All of which I knew ahead of time. Kinda funny though, the officers had this look on their faces as if they were even ashamed to be standing there telling me this.

The city council meeting is tonight. We plan to attend and see what can be done to help change the ordinance. Wish us luck. I will update later tonight all the details.

Awww shucks, that ... searching for a word that won't get me censored.... is really really rotten. Sorry to hear, but the chance one takes with "knew it all along". Hope you are up for it, can be tough going sometimes.

Wishing you the best of luck, I'd be interested in hearing how the meeting goes.

See if you can get some neighbor's support to go along with you.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

That really SUCKS!! I don't understand why city folk have such a hard time with someone having hens. I can understand roos, but hens?
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
:tongueThe only noise they really make is when laying and then small chirring noises throughout the day. I really hate being part of the human race sometimes.

Why must city folk interfere with property rights so much?

If they don't ban parrots then maybe you can keep them indoors like clandestinechickens.blogspot.com does. That is, if their objection is that it disturbs the neighbors. If they regulate what happens inside your home, then they need to be replaced with reasonable regulators.

Back
Top Bottom